View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:51 AM
This might remind people to back up their sim card regularly so if the phone is lost as least not all your numbers are,
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
This might remind people to back up their sim card regularly so if the phone is lost as least not all your numbers are,
How does that work then?

I do save phone numbers to my phone as well as my sim, but if you lose your phone haven't you lost all the info on the sim too, or is there somewhere else you should back your sim up to?

I really must catch up on technology
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
How does that work then?

I do save phone numbers to my phone as well as my sim, but if you lose your phone haven't you lost all the info on the sim too, or is there somewhere else you should back your sim up to?

I think with the iphone, you back it all up on computer .so my hubby tells me , or something like that,, I leave it to him to do it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
How does that work then?

Yes you get a little gadget which saves all your phone numbers on to your computer so that if you lost your SIM card and/or phone you can then download those numbers to another.

When my last phone broke, that is what I did, I have nearly 100 numbers on my phone, I do not fancy installing them manually................

I am not very techy either, fortunately I have colleagues who are.

ps my phone is not an iphone
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think with the iphone, you back it all up on computer .so my hubby tells me , or something like that,, I leave it to him to do it.
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes you get a little gadget which saves all your phone numbers on to your computer so that if you lost your SIM card and/or phone you can then download those numbers to another.

When my last phone broke, that is what I did, I have nearly 100 numbers on my phone, I do not fancy installing them manually................

I am not very techy either, fortunately I have colleagues who are.

ps my phone is not an iphone
Thanks for that ladies...my phone is just normal too, I can get photos from it and that's about as technical as I can manage Clive has a Blackberry, I wonder if his has the ability to back-up, it will be very useful if it does, and I will score huge brownie points if I suggest it
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Aww thats so annoying that people cant be honest.

I always have the pin lock on mine,(iPhone4) so if i do lose it then the phone cant be accessed by anyone & the sim will be disabled after 10 pin attempts.

It would be like losing my right arm, I use it for everything.

I really do hope that some-one does hand it back, but if its not got a pinlock then the chances are probably very slim
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Can you phone up and have it blocked? My brother found an iPhone at the BMX track he coaches at, phoned up the owner who'd lost it about a week before, who said he'd come to get it the next weekend but never did. Amazingly it had survived a week in the rain so still worked but the guy must have had it blocked when he lost it as it can't connect to 3G or anything. My brother just uses it to play games on in the loo
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Can you phone up and have it blocked? My brother found an iPhone at the BMX track he coaches at, phoned up the owner who'd lost it about a week before, who said he'd come to get it the next weekend but never did. Amazingly it had survived a week in the rain so still worked but the guy must have had it blocked when he lost it as it can't connect to 3G or anything. My brother just uses it to play games on in the loo
Hahah that made me giggle....considering am lounging in the bath on mine right now
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for that ladies...my phone is just normal too, I can get photos from it and that's about as technical as I can manage Clive has a Blackberry, I wonder if his has the ability to back-up, it will be very useful if it does, and I will score huge brownie points if I suggest it
Am almost positive you can back it up by downloading blackberry desktop manager. If it comes with a usb lead too you should just be able to plug it in to your pc & it should see it as a camera device , which should let you download pics too
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:10 AM
yes u can lock it.. my bb was a payg the chip id had for over fifteen years (free voicemail aaarrrgghh) i had to give a password to lock it and it was done instantly.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >