Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Mirk Is Coming Home.

Several years ago, I tried to buy a fully trained sheepdog. His name was Mirk. He lived with me for a month and I fell in love with his nature and personality and I also respected him enormously for his amazing skills as a top class sheepdog who taught me so much.

I sold my motorbike to buy him and I accepted that he had to go back to his owner, for he had qualified to run in the National sheepdog competitions......But he was to come back to me, if he didnt qualify for the international.

That was 6 years ago. He never came back. His owner decided to keep him after the nationals and he never came back and I was heartbroken.

Now after many years of mental torment, I have found him, old, partly blind and living in horrendo...... well conditions that I do not think he deserves.

And i have decided to bring him home. I do not want another dog. I do not need another dog. Im not sure how easy it is to housetrain an 11 year old semi blind dog. Im not sure how he will get on with my other dogs. I have only just had several years of "old" dog torment when my beloved Lace was pts at 18.5 last November. Im not sure my nerves are up to the death of another dog so soon......

I dont know any of those things. But I DO KNOW that I can not leave him there where he is now to suffer and to die.

So, a huge drive and the logistics aside, wheather permitting, I will be picking up Mirk and bringing him home to retire and die by a warm fire. ON MONDAY.

May all hearts sing on Monday, that something good will come of the day!

MIRK is coming home.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Good on you, well done!!! How did you find him?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
aw thats brilliant, I look forward to hearing more about this boy! well done.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:14 PM
awww youve made me cry, how fabulous you are!
Give him a kiss from me!
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Aww. I hope he suprises you & the pair of you have many happy comfortable years together.
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh bless him, what a way to end up after a lifetime of service.

Can't wait to see a picture of him all snuggled up by the fire.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
How did you find him after such a long time. And good on you.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh Denise you are an absolute star. Border Collies will always have a very large place in my heart and it is lovely that this one has a place in yours. Poor thing - just breaks your heart when you think what he achieved for his owner to be living in such awful conditions. My tears have been shed for Mirk and how he has been living and for you for rescuing him. xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 08:31 PM
That has brought me to tears....how on earth has he ended up wherever he is and how did you find him?

It also makes me mad to think that a dog who has worked hard for an owner can end up like that.....I will however reserve judgement until we hear his tale....
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Denise, I am probably happier than most that this story is to have a happy ending for Mirk (and for you). I know what he means to you and am devastated he didn't come back to you after the Nationals all those years ago. You were both cheated.

I just hope he enjoys the retirement with you that he so richly deserves and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Best of luck for Monday xxx
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »