Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by scottyvdub View Post
if a prong collar is used right, on the right dog minimal correction is needed, cesar normally uses a lead. looped through its self. the prong collar gives the human the power in its mind. not to yank the dogs head off
Yep...and strategically placed high around the dogs neck behind the ears....to inflict maximum discomfort and pain.

Oh and I agree about the prong collar as well...used right they inflict enough pain for the dog to stop wanting to pull forwards.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by airedaleowner View Post
i dont think CM is as bad as everyone makes out he is.

he has control and the dogs at his centre dont look scared of him. i think when he goes out to other peoples dogs its just them adjusting to another leader, as in they dont know how to react right away so they look confused, until they understand. imo!!!!!

ive seen victoria stillwell being dragged round by dogs on the lead, never seen CM being dragged round ect..

they are both good at what they do i think
That will be the prong collar or illusion colar he puts on, hard to pull if you cant breathe
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:00 PM
jordan, i will put some pics up soon, hes brindle, and he has looks from both breeds somtimes he looks like a 40kg staffy sotimes he has the bully look and wrinkles. but a very cute little pup like yours, get the walking to heel down good when young, i was a bit slack with him and there is no fun being pulled by a strong dog, but very clever walks great now. easy to train commands, very head strong like all bull dog breeds but fantastic characters.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:08 PM
i cant be botherd if you dont get cesar you dont get him, but the prong collar is to make the human think he has the power over the dominant dog, when the human realizes that the power is in his mind not in the sharp pointy collar the collar goes in the bin same with the high neck collar, the dogs have been let to walk badly and are chocking themselves and pulling like mad once the training collar has them used to walking to heel it goes in the bin, if the dogs walk better they get more walks
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:10 PM
i cant be botherd if you dont get cesar you dont get him, but the prong collar is to make the human think he has the power over the dominant dog, when the human realizes that the power is in his mind not in the sharp pointy collar the collar goes in the bin same with the high neck collar, the dogs have been let to walk badly and are chocking themselves and pulling like mad once the training collar has them used to walking to heel it goes in the bin, if the dogs walk better they get more walks
Nope - don't get him. Don't need to - work with difficult dogs, dog aggressive - people aggressive - very nervy.....don't need the tools...makes me wonder why he does.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:12 PM
and its not fear and pain training its training the humans brain that he has control over the dog, they are going through rehabilitation because the humans wernt up to the job
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:17 PM
and its not fear and pain training its training the humans brain that he has control over the dog, they are going through rehabilitation because the humans wernt up to the job
So what you are saying...(correct me please)...is that the prong collar is used because the people think it looks nasty and therefore feel powerful over the dog....but the dog feels nothing?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Pinch Collars as they are correctly called do not have"sharp pointy ends", only the collars used by many poor gundog trainers/owners acxtually have pointed ends facing inwards. Pinch collars have rounded ends & used correctly can stop a dog pulling whilst it is wearing it.

I understand exactly where CM is coming from-Mexico as an illegal immigrant from a traditional Mexican farming background where dogs are treated like any other farm animal. Using outdated methods(Force, compulsion & fear)all wrapped up with a "Hollywood"smile & gift of the gab, he like so many TV presnter dog"trainers/behaviourists/listeners/whisperers"he has a one size fits all style & worst of all he allegedly bases his Dominance theories on severely flawed studies on captive artifical wolf packs from over 40 years ago.

Dogs are not wolves, dogs that live together cannot be compared to wolf packs because they do not have to hunt for food & never consist of one set of parents & their direct offspring. Wolves do not Alpha Roll each other in the quest for dominance & dogs have no plans to dominate the human species.

Treat him as a hero-but ask yourself one question if he is so tuned into the dogs pysche why does he get bitten so often ?????

BTW he uses e collars, pinch collars, illusion collars(slip leads fastened high up under the dogs ears by a double collar gadget) all seen on his program
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Amazing how gullable some people are.

Thats how CM makes all his money.

rune
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:35 PM
no the human realizes that that its not the collar thats controlling the dog its there role to be the leader which is better and safer for the dog, the collar shouldnt be use agressivly but the dog wont like it when its pulled upon so it wont pull then when the dog has readjusted to walking at the side not pulling a normal collar can the be used, which im not saying this is the only way to achieve this.but it is better than the dog forever pulling on its lead for the rest of its life,chocking itsself. a few weeks of learning and not liking the experince, and then walking at heel and not pulling, then getting more walks because the walk is more enjoyable and safer for dog and owner, the weeks or days even are worth it
Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »