Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
We only pay in ourselves, it's always been like that here, but oh, come to think of it, I do get my bins emptied every week and I do have a doctor/hospital if I ever need one, which so far, can be counted on one hand for the pair of us!
I am not sure whether that is tongue in cheek or not - but be very grafeful you've hardly needed doctors and hospitals, sadly, some people are not quite so lucky, often through absolutely no fault of their own.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
or are you trying to imply those of us who have never made a claim in their lives are lying?
I am not implying that everyone who says they've never made a claim are lying. However, I am stating as an incontrovertible fact that the thickest files were held on folk who said they'd never claimed. Those folk WERE lying.

Snorri
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I am not implying that everyone who says they've never made a claim are lying. However, I am stating as an incontrovertible fact that the thickest files were held on folk who said they'd never claimed. Those folk WERE lying.

Snorri
How can you hold files on people who have never claimed. Why were files opened in the first place?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
I am not sure whether that is tongue in cheek or not - but be very grafeful you've hardly needed doctors and hospitals, sadly, some people are not quite so lucky, often through absolutely no fault of their own.
what I mean is, out of all the money we keep paying IN, either in taxes or council tax, we get very little benefit (don't have kids!) never need a policeman, come to thinkof it never SEE a policeman around my neck of the woods, don't use the library, so the only thing we get are the bins emptied and the local quack or hospital if we need it, but then again having said that, I've paid into my health care for 45 years so why shouldn't I!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
How can you hold files on people who have never claimed. Why were files opened in the first place?
That's what I want to know Pensions I understand, but benefit claims?? It's a mystery! Maybe it's just in CASE we ever need to claim, so they can have a good laugh when they tell us to b*g off coz we're not entitled to any , they need a file on us for that I supppose!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
We were not holding files on people who had never claimed. These people were LYING, geddit?

Snorri wanders off, shaking his head sadly.............

Snorri
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 12:27 AM
We were not holding files on people who had never claimed. These people were LYING, geddit?

Snorri wanders off, shaking his head sadly.............

Snorri
No!!! I havent read this whole thread! Not for a while anyway - lost interest for a while

So these people were registered with your department for something? They
said they'd never claimed before? Claimed what sort of things - benefits? Where these claims before they registered or after? If before did they have previous files?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Let me see.....how simple can I make this?

Example.....

Man wanders into Benefit Office and makes a claim, saying he has never claimed before. We find a file an inch thick there already. This is because he was lying about never having claimed before.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW???????

Snorri (approaching total despair)
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Let me see.....how simple can I make this?

Example.....

Man wanders into Benefit Office and makes a claim, saying he has never claimed before. We find a file an inch thick there already. This is because he was lying about never having claimed before.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW???????

Snorri (approaching total despair)

Why would someone lie, you either are entitled or your not.

Does not matter if you have claimed before or does it?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Why would someone lie, you either are entitled or your not.

Does not matter if you have claimed before or does it?

When it comes to Unemployment Benefit (a function of National Insurance), there is a limit to how often it can be claimed: the file records this.

Yes, it does matter if someone has claimed before: It saves time (and tax cash) if the payment doesn't have to be calculated again.

Perhaps you would be happier if there was no limit, and taxpayers could go on paying out willy-nilly??

Snorri
Page 24 of 27 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >