Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:24 PM

Need to lose weight....

....seriously, I do.

I'm fed up with the size I am. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I'm only going to get heavier if I don't do something about it now.

I've even had comments from people telling me that I look pregnant (even though they know I'm not). That's not good!

I'm a size 14, and even that's beginning to get tight now. I will not go past a 14, if I can get to a size 12, then that's fine, I'll take it from there.

My blood pressure is perfect, no problem there, but the fat is around my middle and I know that's not healthy.

Trouble is, I love food. I can't help myself and I know it's a problem. I'm not always hungry and I know it's all in my head. I know I have a problem with food.

My chest has even got bigger, and that's not a good thing. The size I'm wearing now is getting slightly tight, another sign I have to sort myself out and get a grip of my eating.

I have no motivation and I need a good kick up the a!se, I really do.

It's not a laughing matter any more, I know I need to do something about it now. It's getting me down. I feel totally ugly and unattractive anyway, and the weight is not helping matters.

Huh.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:52 PM
awwww hunny im the same...sz 14 getting tight now but i WILL not buy 16!!
i will get down to a smaller 14!!!!

you can do it hun!

have you tried keeping a food diary? to monitor what you eat and when?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
I've just about had it with myself, Alex, I'm actually disgusted.

No, I haven't every kept a food diary, I know I eat far too much of the wrong things, I know that. What would that achieve, apart from me seeing in black and white what I eat? Does it make you want to eat less or something?

I hope you manage to lose your weight.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Aww, know what you mean
a few years ago I really got my a$$ in gear and got really fit and lost a tonne of weight
then I had some really bad years and put on all the weight plus more
seriously a size 14 is a long way off for me

all I can say that really helped motivate me
if you really cannot get your head into the right place take multivits for a few weeks, I found that gave me more energy and motivation
and there are lots of great places to go and walk the dogs - walk a wee bit faster each time - not so much you really notice

I actually went out today and binned all the junk and bought lots of fruit veggies and meat - I HAVE to snack on the good stuff

You can do it - we all can!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 10:00 PM
to be honest i found with writing it down i remembered thinngs i had munched that i would have forgotten!

until you are in that head space it wont happen its like quitting smoking...until you want to...it wont happen

I know the disgusted feeling im there right now...when i sit and my waist band is too tight or a skirt doesnt fit anymore...you feel so disgusted that you could let yourself get like that...but with me...i then nibble (or smoked) to make myself feel better....

i have now quit the smoking again (none since new years eve!) and am starting a weigh in group at work to help everyone else.... hopefully that will keep me on track!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Aww, know what you mean
a few years ago I really got my a$$ in gear and got really fit and lost a tonne of weight
then I had some really bad years and put on all the weight plus more
seriously a size 14 is a long way off for me

all I can say that really helped motivate me
if you really cannot get your head into the right place take multivits for a few weeks, I found that gave me more energy and motivation
and there are lots of great places to go and walk the dogs - walk a wee bit faster each time - not so much you really notice

I actually went out today and binned all the junk and bought lots of fruit veggies and meat - I HAVE to snack on the good stuff

You can do it - we all can!!
It's trying to get in to the "zone" to start losing the weigh, isn't it, Pam?

I think I'm gonig to have to bin all the junk, or get my grandparents to keep it away from me!

I know it's the thought of it that's hard, but once I get in to it I know I'll feel so much better, then when I have lost some weight I'll probably feel really good about myself. It's starting that's the problem!

Yes, more dog walking!

Good to hear you've lost a lot of weight, Pam, good for you, wel done!

Fruit and veg and healthy things, here I come.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Yup, its like a friend of mine says
'sometimes you just have to swing your legs out and hope the rest of you follows' make a change and hope the mindset kicks in

How about blogging about what you are doing?? you could put up how much you have lost and what you did good and bad in a day - hopefully as the pounds add up you will get more motivates
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 11:15 PM
good site to look at is food focus, its an online diary. it gives u targets. u put in what u have eaten, it converts it to calories, also all the exercise u do, it really helps u, makes u stop and think about what goes in the shopping basket.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
good site to look at is food focus, its an online diary. it gives u targets. u put in what u have eaten, it converts it to calories, also all the exercise u do, it really helps u, makes u stop and think about what goes in the shopping basket.
wow, love it, thankyou
Dead easy and free!! and it tells me if I am good I can get to goal by the summer!!!! I dont think I am that dedicated but it looks really good
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Ok Nicola firstly size 14 is not big!!! Thats just normal !
Anyway its about how you feel, so I totally know where your coming from. Im a 10 on the bottom, and a 12 on top, and I feel big sometimes, I now go to the gym most lunch breaks (we have one in our office!) its great for toning up but iv not lost much actual weight. About 3 years ago I was a 14-16 but I was unhappy so comfort eating. Then I got ill, (without boring you all too much, I had a breast cancer scare, it was a non cancerous tumour in the end which I had surgically removed) I lost over 2 stone, and got down to a 10, since then ive gone up and down a bit but not massively. Last summer for holiday I did the cereal diet, with a bowl for breaky and a bowl for lunch, then a healthy balanced meal in the evening. It lost about 4lb in the 2 weeks, which was quite good ! Good luck, im sure you will get lots of support on here. My friend got lots of people to sponser her weight loss, £ for a lb, and she donated it all to dogs trust !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >