View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I have to say before I got interested in showing I didn't find it all that enthralling either. I think it's only once you "get into" a breed that showing becomes interesting as you're looking at different kennels, what they're producing and who's winning!

TBH I think Crufts is the perfect dog show for none showers cos there's so much more to do. The best year I had was the one before last, Gundog day was Sunday and I bought tickets for BIS - one of the best evenings of my life!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
Its Terry Hannan judging males from the Jonimay affix, not sure whos judging bitches but quite often at Crufts they have one of each type.
Just looked, he's doing the bitches too.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 09:09 PM
If anyone who's not taking dogs wants to show one let me know, i have far too many to show
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm not interested in showing, but can't wait to go!
I know a lot of people that are showing, and it will be great if I can catch a glimpse of them!
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Just looked, he's doing the bitches too.
Thanks there should be a good entry then
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Hi,

I was wondering, how many of you are going to crufts that don't show their dogs, and aren't interested in showing your dogs?
I won't be going this year due to arthritis flaring up, but have been other years to cheer on Esau's breeder, and other PON breeders who have offered advice/help over the years. I think of it as my way of giving a little bit back - I think many breeders bend over backwards for owners of their puppies, and they get very little recognition for that. The amount of effort it takes to have even one dog qualify and shown at Crufts is truly astounding and if we, the owners of the 'results' of all that hard work can't show a little appreciation now and then, it's a pretty poor show!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
If anyone who's not taking dogs wants to show one let me know, i have far too many to show
Ooh can I have Meg?

On the condition I can take her home, obviously?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I have to say before I got interested in showing I didn't find it all that enthralling either. I think it's only once you "get into" a breed that showing becomes interesting as you're looking at different kennels, what they're producing and who's winning!

TBH I think Crufts is the perfect dog show for none showers cos there's so much more to do. The best year I had was the one before last, Gundog day was Sunday and I bought tickets for BIS - one of the best evenings of my life!
I was there that day! My friends' breeder got BOB with her HWV bitch, I have pics and everything! The HWV judging finished so late she nearly missed going in for the group and they almost didn't let her in!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:36 PM
In realtion to the OP, I show (well not at the moment but have done and will do in the future) and am very interested in showing but am also going to meet up with people, meet breeders of a prospective new breed I want to go into and of course, shop! I've always loved watching Crufts on TV even when I was little but I wasn't particularly interested in showing, I didn't have the slightest idea what it was all about as my parents are not very big animal fans. I just LOVED seeing all the breeds and learning about them, i'd have loved to have gone to see it.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Ooh can I have Meg?

On the condition I can take her home, obviously?
Actually Meg hasn't qualified this yea as she didnt do a champ show at all But we do have Beau, you're more than welcome to take him home with you Or there will be a variety of pugs on offer (im showing Gracie and i usually get duped into showing others ) as well as a Brittany we are going to be looking after for about a week and taking along to Crufts..

Im gonna be knackered lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >