View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Have to agree with the others, the othe rpuppies will still have their puppy coats too and the judges will take this into account anyway. The earlier you start the more experince she will have when she is older and has matured into a nice young lady. Most of all enjoy yourselves!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
Thanks all for your help and advice.

I have found a couple of open shows fairly local to us in late March/early April.

One of them says: Entries close 25th Feb. Qualifying date Monday Feb 18th

So have we missed the entry date, or do we have time to send it off this weekend would you say?

I can see I need to do lots of reading up on rules, regs, terminology etc!

K x
No you have 'til the 25th!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I would also look around online and in local papers for local Village shows/Fun shows etc. They are only for fun and usually for a Charity, but great experience, as many professionals show at these events just to get pups used to the whole idea, but it's more laid back usually.

Also I think it's wise to get used to the parquet flooring, lots of smells and dogs, as this will be normal at most shows, so your pup will be used to it. Most Shows have rubbing matting in certain areas, but rarely over the whole rings, so often you have to run on slippery floors (wear non slip shoes )
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Ohh do enter, you will have fun!

Try and relax and give yourself plenty of time to get there before judging starts. Don't do as I did at my first show and turn up literally as they were being called into the ring and have to run to join them!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2