Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
It was not your fault the secretory made the mistake... shame for the other owner though...her loss was your gain.

Did she (other owner) not question or put a query in to the show panel.

Never mind, it was up to her to (other owner) to question the secretory.

Enjoy your win.
Thanks for that JB - I guess you are right they could have taken it further if they were that worried.

I will enjoy our win !
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post
Hi RS,

This was the case with Gideon at his last show in puppy. He was 12 months old on the day. He was still technically a puppy.

Just one thing - it has to be not exceeding 12 months on the first day of the show if the show is held over more than one day.

Debs
Hi Debs,

Is so hard isn't it to read the rules and sometimes I guess they just get interpreted incorrectly?

I wouldn't have minded if she took the Best Puppy at all but as they show secretary had said she couldn't have it - really no reason for me not to accept it

Will be our last puppy now too except for the Special Puppy class at crufts as Connor moves up to Junior from 6th March too!

So technically will Connor be a puppy at Crufts out of interest?
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I think if i remember correctly it is up to 14 months for the special puppy class at Crufts.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Hi Debs,

Is so hard isn't it to read the rules and sometimes I guess they just get interpreted incorrectly?

I wouldn't have minded if she took the Best Puppy at all but as they show secretary had said she couldn't have it - really no reason for me not to accept it

Will be our last puppy now too except for the Special Puppy class at crufts as Connor moves up to Junior from 6th March too!

So technically will Connor be a puppy at Crufts out of interest?
Please dont think I am detracting from Conors win, because that is the last thing I want to do (and I know that the owner of the other pup was perfectly ok about it), but this is a one of the KC easier to interpret rules, and one which show secs should be up to speed on!

I dont think anyone was objecting to you getting the award, but rather that the show sec got it so wrong - unfortunately you got caught in the crossfire!
I am suprised the steward/s didnt know!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
Please dont think I am detracting from Conors win, because that is the last thing I want to do (and I know that the owner of the other pup was perfectly ok about it), but this is a one of the KC easier to interpret rules, and one which show secs should be up to speed on!

I dont think anyone was objecting to you getting the award, but rather that the show sec got it so wrong - unfortunately you got caught in the crossfire!
I am suprised the steward/s didnt know!
No I know they weren't really but I did feel bad getting it when perhaps it should have gone elsewhere!

As you say the show secretary should know better! Me I easily get these things confused - the steward had already told me when I got 2nd not to go far - then she checked as someone had asked her too.

Trouble is I don't think stewards always know either do they - and even now I'm not sure if I am right on this but at a champ show I won minor puppy was beaten in Novice (not by a puppy) but the stewards told me I couldn't compete with the puppy dog winner for best puppy dog. Even now I'm not sure whether I could or not? But other people said I should have been allowed to.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
No I know they weren't really but I did feel bad getting it when perhaps it should have gone elsewhere!

As you say the show secretary should know better! Me I easily get these things confused - the steward had already told me when I got 2nd not to go far - then she checked as someone had asked her too.

Trouble is I don't think stewards always know either do they - and even now I'm not sure if I am right on this but at a champ show I won minor puppy was beaten in Novice (not by a puppy) but the stewards told me I couldn't compete with the puppy dog winner for best puppy dog. Even now I'm not sure whether I could or not? But other people said I should have been allowed to.
Yes, you should have been allowed to compete for BP dog. That's quite a simple rule (all puppies not beaten by another puppy to compete for BP) and a Ch show steward should been aware of it.

Debs
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by basi View Post
I think if i remember correctly it is up to 14 months for the special puppy class at Crufts.
Yep it is up to 14months for special puppy classes - now I feel a bit dim here but even if the dog is over 12 months and wins the class is that the best puppy dog!!! I guess it is at Crufts yep?

Feeling very dim about all this now!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post
Yes, you should have been allowed to compete for BP dog. That's quite a simple rule (all puppies not beaten by another puppy to compete for BP) and a Ch show steward should been aware of it.

Debs
Thanks Debs - well I did think this but you do think people know better don't you and both stewards said we couldn't - I will know better on this one now though!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I just wanted to say congratulations on your placing, you & Connor did so well

Don't feel bad about the Best Puppy award, wasn't your fault.:smt002
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I just wanted to say congratulations on your placing, you & Connor did so well