Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Question - puppy or junior?

At the show yesterday Connor came 2nd in the Junior class.

The dog that beat him had his 1st birthday the day of the show? Now it was the opinion by most (me I don't know either way which is right!) that he was still the Best Puppy. It was checked with the show secretary who said no he wasn't a puppy anymore so Connor got it?

Does anyone know if the show secretary was correct?

Must admit put a dampner on us getting the award because of the ill feeling amongst some.

Although I have to say the lady who got 1st wasn't at all nasty about it.
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Acording to the KC red book, a dog is eligible for puppy from 6 months and not exceeding 12 months on the first day of the show so the other dog would be besy puppy
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately the other pup was still technically a puppy, and the show secretary was incorrect.

I am sorry that it ruined your day out - he did look as though he deserved to be in the group though, if thats any consolation.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
Unfortunately the other pup was still technically a puppy, and the show secretary was incorrect.

I am sorry that it ruined your day out - he did look as though he deserved to be in the group though, if thats any consolation.
I too felt he should still be puppy and did even say to the steward when called in - just felt a bit mean taking the award and felt it wasn't ours!

Oh it didn't ruin the day and nothing directed at me personally either - just felt uneasy about it all if that makes sense! I was very pleased with Connor - he did well in the junior class and then with Jess too

Thanks for that though Thandi - aside from being a tad lame he held his own and had he have moved better who knows!
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Rach you just enjoy Conors win - we know he is the best puppy besides if she wanted him in puppy class she would have put him in puppy class but she didn't, she put him in junior.
I remember years ago when I wanted to enter Maddie in her first show. The show's started on the 3rd, working was on the 5th and Maddie would have been 6 months on the 4th. I couldn't enter her because the show started before her birthday even though she would have been 6 months the day before working day Whether 12 months on the day would have taken the other dog out of puppy and officially into junior? I think it probably would and at the end of the day the secretary gave it to Conor.

So Well done anyway hun

xxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by leospride View Post
Rach you just enjoy Conors win - we know he is the best puppy besides if she wanted him in puppy class she would have put him in puppy class but she didn't, she put him in junior.
I remember years ago when I wanted to enter Maddie in her first show. The show's started on the 3rd, working was on the 5th and Maddie would have been 6 months on the 4th. I couldn't enter her because the show started before her birthday even though she would have been 6 months the day before working day Whether 12 months on the day would have taken the other dog out of puppy and officially into junior? I think it probably would and at the end of the day the secretary gave it to Conor.

So Well done anyway hun

xxx
Thanks Dee

There was only a junior class which is why we weren't in puppy! I think the lady was ok about it but you know what its like you get the feeling its your fault!

I was pleased with Connor in everything on the day - win or lose he will always be best puppy to me you are right
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2008, 04:09 PM
What show was this, was it the one at Ardingly?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by hollie01 View Post
What show was this, was it the one at Ardingly?
Hi yes it was - Horley and DCS were you there?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2008, 04:56 PM
It was not your fault the secretory made the mistake... shame for the other owner though...her loss was your gain.

Did she (other owner) not question or put a query in to the show panel.

Never mind, it was up to her to (other owner) to question the secretory.

Enjoy your win.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi RS,

This was the case with Gideon at his last show in puppy. He was 12 months old on the day. He was still technically a puppy.

Just one thing - it has to be not exceeding 12 months on the first day of the show if the show is held over more than one day.

Debs
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >