Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 11:46 PM

A question for breeders who show

As some of you may have gathered, i'm wanting to move into a new breed. Not for a couple of years yet at least but i'm wanting to get well 'into' the breed before I actually bring home my puppy. I want to make sure i'm making the right choice, with the right breeder. Someone I get on with and can see being a friend for life hopefully. Having been let down in the past, this is very important to me now and although I very obviously adore the breed, it is not one I want to take any chances in. It will be my first dog of the breed, I have a very good friend in the breed already who is keeping me on the right tracks, however I am still very much a newcomer.

I have a few owners, breeders and enthusiasts in mind who I think highly of and who i'd like to meet and gain advice from before I choose my pup. I'm meeting some very well known people in the breed at Crufts and to be honest I feel like i'm going for a job interview.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice. It's not like i've not already been here before more than once, so I know what they will be looking for and asking e.t.c. but this is a very highly respected kennels and I don't want to get stage fright and look like a complete idiot novice to them!

Am being introduced by my pal who knows them well so that will lighten the load I guess. Any tips welcome.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Kel everyone has to begin somewhere.You'll probably get more respect for asking loads and loads of questions to them.You seem to be in good hands already.

Regarding Rotts I have an excellent breeder in Shona,she makes sure all her pups she has bred previously don't loose touch and even went to the extent of starting classes for us all.The aftercare in my breed is very important and I have to say I have had first class services from Shona,xxxxxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Kel, I'm not giving any advice until you tell me which breed it is
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Me either
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Me either this is very exciting
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Me either
Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
Me either this is very exciting

I would just try and stay calm, look at it as just talking with new friends, although that can be hard depending on whom it is, and as boobah said everyone has to start somewhere

Assuming it's the breed I think it is then Just wondering if any of the people your meeting are from Scotland?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post

I would just try and stay calm, look at it as just talking with new friends, although that can be hard depending on whom it is, and as boobah said everyone has to start somewhere

Assuming it's the breed I think it is then Just wondering if any of the people your meeting are from Scotland?
Me thinks some are some aren't,:smt047:smt047:smt047xxxxxxxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 01:27 AM
If thats a clue girls its a rubbish one lol
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Wasn't a clue
Im only guessing which breed Kel is talking about from past post's of hers
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 01:34 AM
:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt044: smt044:smt044:smt042:smt042:smt044:smt044Whats she like though eh?She wets your appetite then bolts,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »