Female 

14-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Well done!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
Hi yes H was there ( I wasnt, as I was working a health testing day), and didnt do anything in the handling, but did win BP with his Field Spaniel pup Vinnie.
I am sure we can find someone with a good handlers dog for Emily. Is it too far for you to come over for JH with us (same place you came for the Eastbourne Limit Show). One of my older Field Spaniel bitches would be good for her to practise with (jemima used to borrow her at JH classes), or even one of the Border Terriers.
Oh well done with Vinnie getting BP!

Sadly it is a bit far - what day is the JH on as if it is was once a month might be possible depends on the day!

Thanks for the offer Thandi! Hope you had a good day!

She really could do with a dog though that would be steady for her - she has enough to remember without having a 'Connor!'
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Oh that was so lovely to see - they did so well!

Love that second clip in particular when she realizes the judge is on the 'wrong' side so she stops and changes hands (which is more than I did at my second show lol )

No wonder you are so proud, rightly so! Well done to them:smt038 :smt038
Thank you AM - that's one of her areas she needs to practice on Sunday she looked before turning the corner to see where the judge was so she had learnt from it!

In breed classes it really doesn't matter we break the 'golden rule' all the time LOL! Jess tells me all the time what I did wrong now!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well done!
Thank you Vicki
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 04:52 PM
well done to them, I am hoping my 2 will take a similar interest in our dogs especially when I get more

Mel x
Brimbeck
New Member!
Female 

14-02-2008, 05:23 PM
We were at the handling training too. We have two mad cockers. I can only add to your praise for the day I thought it was excellent.
It must have worked as Emly and Tyke got a second at a champ show the day after the training :smt026
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
well done to them, I am hoping my 2 will take a similar interest in our dogs especially when I get more

Mel x
Thank you - I hope they enjoy it as much as my girls have been

Originally Posted by Brimbeck View Post
We were at the handling training too. We have two mad cockers. I can only add to your praise for the day I thought it was excellent.
It must have worked as Emly and Tyke got a second at a champ show the day after the training :smt026

Oh Hi!! I remember your two lovely 'mad' cockers - again only youngsters though weren't they - thought the girls handling did tremendously - I think Tyke has spark doesn't he!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 09:42 PM
The best dogs to start JH with (imnsho) are those dogs which are mature and 'know the ropes', and which are tolerant of being handled by children who my not be confident.
Before Jemima was confident enough to handle Alfie (the Gordon) she often asked to borrow Lara at classes, as Lara is so biddable.
Handling classes are held on the 3rd Thursday of the Month 7-7.30pm - Sue, who takes the class is one of the best trainers in the South, so worth it if your girls are really keen.

hth
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3