Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Walks in Moffat

We are hoping to visit Moffat on Saturday (4th) if the weather holds out .OH and son will be going to a fish farm and I would like to take the dogs a walk while they do this. Anyone know an easy walk around Moffat village way.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 12:35 PM
There was a post not long ago by Phil about dogwalking in Moffat. Hope that helps. Don't forget to get some Moffat Toffee!!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
one place ive never been and i live in dumfries lol ive heard the toffee and fudge is to die for
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I lived in Dumfries for 8 years, lovely wee town. Although it has changed quite a bit it still looks great esp down by the Nith....Mill Green and the Dock Park. I like all the bridges over the Nith.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 07:58 PM
grey mares tale has some nice walks which is not far from Moffat,
or even walking around the large park on the edge of the village , you cant miss is ,,usually has a very large archway decked in flowers.

Metz---cant believe you havent been to the ""old fashioned sweetie shop"" in Moffat loads of "childhood" sweeties in there LOL..
whenever we go to Moffat we make a bee line for it,, a few years back I used to run a hotel in Moffat and was never out of the sweetie shop
huggles
b-eye
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm looking forward to Moffat tomorrow, especially now I know I can get old fashioned sweets and tablet!
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
dont thinl you will be dissapointed----enjoy
huggles
b-eye
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
http://www.visitmoffat.co.uk/pages/c....asp?PageID=85 this is worth a look Pam...
huggles
b-eye
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Yes we took my three and met up with Fudgeley for a 4 dog walk in Moffat a couple of months back.

We met at a hotel called the Buccleuch in Moffat (main st)which is renowned for being a doogy hotel / pub / restaraunt. Food was good.

After lunch we did Gallowhill and Tank Wood walk which is a nice woodland walk of a couple of miles (but you can make it longer) and what's great you can walk from the pub/hotel and your in 'off the lead countryside' in ten mins.

I've pictures on here somewhere but couldn't find the thread.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2007, 03:35 PM
We went to Moffat for the day yesterday and it was great, the weather stayed nice and the town was lovely.
We didn't take Charlie too far as he's still young but he enjoyed the fields around the fish farm.
We walked Ben into the town and it was a lovely place, we were going to have lunch at the Buccleuch hotel Phil mentioned but by the time we got back OH and son had eaten, so maybe next time.
b-eye, thought you might like this photo, I ended up buying mint imperials, summer creams, toffee and fudge, just waiting on my teeth falling out now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >