Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:04 AM

Furry / mouldy poo?!?!?!?

Lovely walk this morning in the light, the ground was wet but at least it was light enough to see...

Imagine my horror when I see big hairy things..... they looked like giant caterpillars!!! This is at my local park where many people walk their dogs (and some dont pick up).

On closer inspection, I realised these freaky piles were actually POOS. FLUFFY POOS.

What the hell.....?

Why are there giant hairy poos in the park.... is it something the dog in particular has eaten or the current conditions......?

Im worried about the spores being dangerous to my dog so was wary to let her off lead. I just kept her in the middle of the field instead of traipsing around the hedges with her..... thats where most of the poos are.......

What do you think people??
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I see quite a lot of hairy poos. I've always imagined it just to be mould where they have been there a while, but I'm interested to find out now!!
Kestral doesn't go near other dogs poo, but I hope its not dangerous.

I once threw her ball in a poop by accident, she kept trying to fetch it but spitting it out... I had no idea what was wrong until I went over
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I see quite a lot of hairy poos. I've always imagined it just to be mould where they have been there a while, but I'm interested to find out now!!
Kestral doesn't go near other dogs poo, but I hope its not dangerous.

I once threw her ball in a poop by accident, she kept trying to fetch it but spitting it out... I had no idea what was wrong until I went over
Blurgh!!! Poor Kestral!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:14 AM
It is after they have been there for a while. There are some delightful people in our park that don't pick up and eventually they do go mouldy (the poos, not the people!).
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
It is after they have been there for a while. There are some delightful people in our park that don't pick up and eventually they do go mouldy (the poos, not the people!).
Shame it isnt the people!

Why are people so lazy

You wouldnt leave your babies soiled nappy in the park, would you (or would they?? )
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah - definitely sounds like mouldy poo, I've seen some before, it's not pretty!
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I have seen the furry ones too - and just assumed that they have been there a while and gone mouldy...eeeww! I do not understand why people cannot pick it up - what annoys me too is when you see that people have picked it up, bagged it and then just abandon the bag!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
I have seen the furry ones too - and just assumed that they have been there a while and gone mouldy...eeeww! I do not understand why people cannot pick it up - what annoys me too is when you see that people have picked it up, bagged it and then just abandon the bag!
Thankfully, we have poo bins all around this park, so I am fortunate to say I have not seen this. What a pointless thing to do though????
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Thankfully, we have poo bins all around this park, so I am fortunate to say I have not seen this. What a pointless thing to do though????
That's the thing, there are poo bins in the same park where this happens!! Pointless indeed!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Rupert did a fluffy poo once, he'd had rabbit with fur on.

There are a load of mouldy poos round here because people are too freaking lazy to pick up.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >