View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 10:07 AM
I often have eggs. Scrambled with ham, cheese, peppers or whatever thrown in and a slice of toast. Or poached egg on toast. Egg, bacon and beans is my favourite breakfast but the bacon means I usually go over on sodium so it's not a regular one. Porridge with cinnamon and fruit is another I like.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 11:29 AM
dolce - I never would have thought of fruit in omelette! I think I will try that at some point

Sarah - scrambled eggs is also a fab idea! Thanks!

Porridge with fruit and cinnamon is something I love too, but having it nearly every day for weeks, I need to switch it up a bit!
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2011, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=kammi_sparky123;2369989]dolce - I never would have thought of fruit in omelette! I think I will try that at some point

i was recommended to try it, lets face it, it sounds odd! but i do like it, and its really quick to make, which is what i need when im rushing out the door to walk maddie before work.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 03:06 PM
I have had Activia yoghurt most mornings but partly cos I got them in offer lol

The other reason is that they are quick and easy and it doesnt feel like I have to face a big filling breakfast as soon as I get up.

I have been wondering what else I can have though. Oats so simple and banana is one option. I just need something easy in the mornings.

Mushroom ommlette or poached eggs with a slice of wholegrain toast is nice too though. Or cut it into soldiers with a boiled egg?

So far I have had a chicken and pasta salad bowl and some fruit salad for lunch and some munchies as a snack (someone bought them from me so I had to eat them of course lol) I just didnt feel like breakfast this morning tbh.

so thats 655 calories so far but I will be having the same as last night for tea tonight cos 1) I enjoyed it lol 2) I made too much That should take me to 1055 calories, so I can have an evening snack too if I feel hungry later on.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Im currently weaning Alex from Boob, so I am sorting my diet out...I still have a bit of a baby belly, and I have been warned that the minute that I completely stop BF'ing, I will gain 20st!

So, I am doing a bowl of Cereal, fruit and hm yog for breakie, Cereal, OJ and yog for lunch, and then a small portion of dinner with loads of veggies/salad.
Plus through the day I am having fruit (dried and fresh) Veggie sticks and plenty of minging water. Tis not fun at all
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Im currently weaning Alex from Boob, so I am sorting my diet out...I still have a bit of a baby belly, and I have been warned that the minute that I completely stop BF'ing, I will gain 20st!

So, I am doing a bowl of Cereal, fruit and hm yog for breakie, Cereal, OJ and yog for lunch, and then a small portion of dinner with loads of veggies/salad.
Plus through the day I am having fruit (dried and fresh) Veggie sticks and plenty of minging water. Tis not fun at all
I once met someone that told me to boil leeks and then drink the water as it keeps you youthful think I will stick to eating the leeks thanks

If your finding it not fun then maybe vary it a bit? I'm eating everything I like but just making sure I eat better the rest of the time and counting my calories. I dont like cereal tbh, I have bought it before but it just sits in a box I might get myself a variety pack though, then I wouldn't waste the rest of the box, after one bowl.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
eeeeeew...leek water? Holy cow

Mind you...I got a Faceache message once...Nigella Lawson or Gillian McKeith..eat cake, or eat lentils!?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
eeeeeew...leek water? Holy cow

Mind you...I got a Faceache message once...Nigella Lawson or Gillian McKeith..eat cake, or eat lentils!?

Mind you, now that you mention lentils....I'm planning on making a batch of vegetable and lentil soup, hardly any calories, healthy, handy and warm I will only buy the smaller loaf of bread too cos otherwise I will go overboard on that when I dont need it!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I have really gotten into soup recently actually!

I love white bread, as in looooooooooove, but have started getting the small hovis wheatgerm, its a nice brown bread and only like 50 calories a slice! So even 2 slices with soup isn't much at all!

... and I totally agree on the grossness sounding of leek water

I used to really dislike water, but it has really grown on me!

Apparently if you cut up fresh fruit and let it soak in water in a bowl in the fridge, you can get flavoured water but with out anything nasty in it!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 05:38 AM
see...I make my own bread...now I have the PERFECT recipe, I aint never buying bread again..I also make my own yoghurt..way cheaper and healthier than shop bought
Page 16 of 29 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »