Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suemcnaughton@h
New Member!
Female 

01-02-2008, 09:42 PM

sprigersize!

Hi I have a 15mth old male springer spaniel, do you think he would benefit from agility training? he likes to run and run and run and run and run!!!!!!!!!! but would it tax his brain as well as exercise him? how much do classes cost and how do you find them!!!!!!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi there, love the thread title

Yes, agility is very much a brain activity for the dogs, they learn lots of new cues, fast reactions, lots of equipment each with specific ways to negotiate them which have to be learned, and most of all, lots of fun doing an activity which is all about co-operation, bonding, trust and teamwork between dog and handler

Class prices do vary from club to club and between independent one to one instructors, so well worth looking around and comparing, but not just price, you need to feel comfortable with the atmosphere, class sizes, and the way the instructors teach so don`t commit to any one club of instructor until you have been able to go along and watch first and to take your boy with you too so that he can get a feel for it before being asked to learn in what can be a noisy and busy new place, he will need time to take it all in first as well

[ To give you a rough guide on price, at my club its £4 a session lasting 1 1/2 to 2 hours [ with rests so the dogs are not overworked as I keep to small numbers in a class ], and the charge is the same whether a group session or one to one, though most clubs do charge a lot more than the general class fee for one to one lessons ].

Best place to find clubs is the agilitynet A to Z here

http://www.agilitynet.com/activepages/clubs.asp

HTH
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 03:21 AM
i think patch gave great advice" i think a springer would love agilty!