View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Thinking of little Milo, hope he pulls through ok, sending big hugs to you all xx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm so sorry poor little Milo is so poorly, thinking of you both and i hope he recovers soon
x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 06:47 PM
sending hus and healing thoughts to milo,do take care xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 07:49 PM
He's Home He had lots of tests done, and a scan, nothing pinpointed the exact reason although the scan showed up his liver is on the small side but he doesn't feel that to be the problem. He said he is hedging his bets on it being ulceration in the bowel as that would tie in with his allergies etc. So has put him on Zantac (god thats expensive stuff ) and I have to go and get him some Iron capsules from the chemist to have twice daily.
He then needs to do weekly blood tests for a while to see if the treatment is working and he is right. If not the next stage will probaly be to open him up and look for a bleed somewhere, but obviously doesn't want to be doing that yet if its not neccesary.
Now getting the Zantac into him twice a day on my own is going to be fun as he put up a good fight on my first attempt tonight and got away trying to spit it out. He has to have that 3 times a day so can't see it getting easier when he gets to know whats coming LOL.
Anyway at least he was very pleased to see me and come out of there like a bullet from a gun and immeadiatly set the waiting room into uproar .
I was very pleased to see him I can tell you and just glad to have my boy back with me again, its been a very worrying day.
So everything now crossed this treatment works. Thank heavens for insurance
Thankyou all for your good wishes they have mean't a lot.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Thats great news.
One of my Welshies used to have a problem with stomach ulcers and he was on zantac peridiodically. I ended up getting them under there brand name ranitadine for a local chemist at half the priceof the vets.
hope all goes for him
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 08:12 PM
thats great news,i really hope the treatment works,i have everything crossed for you
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Now i'm Confused vet said to get him 200mg iron capsules. Just been to tesco and the only iron capsules you get there for adult humans are 14mg. Looked quickly online can not see anything anywhere near 200mg and he is mean't to have one twice a day.
Has he made a mistake on the strength as if an adult human only needs one 14mg a day would a little JRT actually need 2x200mg a day :smt102
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 09:18 PM
OOh, I'd double check that amount, sounds a lot. I'm so glad he's out and feeling OK, the bullet from a gun bit sounds really hopeful

You must be feeling so very relieved!

Wys
x
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry for you and for Milo. Sending lots of healing positive thoughts your way.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Hope Milo is soon better.
That soons a lot of iron tablet, I'd double check if I were you, especially as I've known some dogs (and humans) get upset stomachs from iron tablets.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >