View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 10:09 AM
She knows best wether her stomach can deal with food or not, so it must be still feeling iffy if she isn't eating.
If she's not taking the dioralite offer plain water alongside it. It's so important they get plenty of fluids.

With two sick here at the mo, I know how much you worry about them. Good luck at the vets today. x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 11:53 AM
vet update. Saw a different vet but he had obviously read up on Fudge so was all clued up. He examined her again for an obstruction but could find nothing. he gave her another anti-biotic injection and some tablets to give over the next 3 days. If she gets worse we are to take her straight back. if there are no poops forthcoming they will have to investigate further via ex-ray or exploration!!! They also said they will take bloods if she starts being sick again.She still has no temperature and is not de-hydrated.

She has eaten a little chicken and rice since coming home and seems to have kept that down so that is good.I`m really hoping that it is gastritis as the thought of surgery to see what`s going on inside seems a little OTT. what do you think?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Ohh poor fudge.
I can see why they feel that they might need to operate if nothing is 'getting through'. When Hoki was last ill, our vet was concerned that there was an obstruction because she kept being sick but then it turned to diarrhea. Not nice for Hoki, but at least we knew there was no blockage.

You know when she ate all the treats, is there any chance that she did eat one of the bags they were in?

Come on Fudge, have a poop!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:09 PM
One time when Willow was vomiting and no poops the vet gave her an injection to stop the vomiting and a small bottle of something to help get the back end moving.....
It was something simple, a home remedy, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was!!!!

They were worried she might have a blockage, but this stuff got her moving again.

I'll go see if I can find the bottle. It was litterally a spoonful or two of this stuff she needed.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Hali-It is possible she ate some of the bag from the treats but she shredded them to get the treats out so would have been very small pieces. I`m hoping that we get a mighty poop which would rule out any obstruction !!!

Evie-Thanks for the help, she had the injection we just need the stuff for the other end!!

I`ll speak later.Dogsey comes into it`s own whaen our doglets are ill. So nice to have a support network of likeminded people around.Thanks everyone.

Rachel.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Can't find the bottle, must have got thrown out.
I think it was castor oil - BUT I don't want to advise that cos I'm not 100% certain. Perhaps a more knowledgable doggy person could advise. I know that aloe juice is also soothing on the gut, but unsure of amounts.

I'm no help at all really am I?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Keep us posted Rach !

P
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Hope she feels better soon.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Found the bottle!

Liquid Paraffin. 2.5ml twice a daily for a whippet sized dog.
Please give your vet a call to check it's fine to give it to her before using it.
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2007, 01:02 PM
or Portalac syrup. it is for babies when they are constipated and it is ok for dogs and cats. our vets advise that regurarly. you can get it at the pharmacyst. a full spoon for would do for her.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >