Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 07:41 AM

Fudge being sick during the night.

Fudge woke me at about 2.30 this morning, she had been sick in her crate. I let her outside where she thought football might have been an option!.She weed and then I took her up to my room. She was sick twice more through the night. Each time it was like very thick saliva, but frothy . It was completely colourless, her belly was making gurgling sounds.She seems ok in herself, do I need to do anything or just continue as normal and keep an eye on her?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't want to alarm you unduly but, when Alfie had bloat it was this kind of stuff that he was bringing up. I would just keep an eye on her, but I know you would be doing that anyway.

It could also be a form of indigestion, that is also frothy. If she seems well in herself it is probably nothing too sinister, Alfie seemed to not really know what was happening to him when he was bad.

Big hugs to you both, hope she feels better real soon.

Sheree x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2007, 08:23 AM
How long ago did she eat all that old stuff out of your coat that you posted on here about ?

Phil
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Hope she's better soon. Give her stomach a rest today if I was you, just give water. Brodie was sick yesterday with the same sort of stuff as you described but was as right as rain later in the day.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 12:21 PM
she ate the yucky treats out of my coat on Tues evening. I wondered about that but thought it was a little too long ago? She has been sick again while I was out this morning, a small amount of slimey froth. I will just keep an eye on her for now I think. She is refusing her dry food but is drinking water.All poos appear normal.All of her 3 beds have now been sicked on.....washer on as we speak.

Blimey we do get graphic on here don`t we....
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 12:34 PM
i hope shes feeling better soon,i think there is alot going around at the moment isnt there,lil is still eating grass and heaving.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I'd give her 24 hours & then if she is still being sick just get the vet to check her over. Probably just something she's eaten but I found with my previous bitch if it continued after 24 hours she usually needed something to help calm her stomach. Hope she is better soon.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 04:42 PM
She is still bringing up small amounts of the froth and has not eaten today, her choice. She seems lethargic and her gums are a little paler than normal. Will see how she is tomorrow and if necc take her to the vets I think.OH will have to cope with her sleeping upstairs tonight as well...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Poor Fudge. Hope she gets better soon. As Patterlands says, there does seem to be a lot of it about.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Ok, I phoned the vets for advive and was asked to bring her up . They palpated her abdomen and could feel no blockage but cannot rule it out 100%. She has no temperature. The vet has given her an anti-biotic injection and one to stop her vomiting. I have to feed her small amounts of chicken and rice and plenty of water. He thinks it is Gastritis but we have to go back tomorrow, for another jab or possible further investigation if there has been no improvement. He has also given me some sachets of dog "dioralyte" to make up and give her during the evening.
I am glad I took her as now I will be less worried overnight. We have an appointment at 10 in the morning.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »