View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I've spoke to Michael the vet on the phone, going through for 3.40 app, for him to see Kain, thinking of giving him an injection, kain that is lol...again Michael does'nt like the raw diet, says he would'nt feed his dogs raw, what he says does make sense though and when I started feeding raw I did say that unless sommit went drastically wrong I would'nt stop, I have never had a dog this sick for so long before, you usually see some improvement ? I'll update tomorrow , Have to go get Kain
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 03:04 PM
When did you start the boys on raw? Have they ever been on commercial?? What were they like on it.

There will be upset tums now and again on any type of food that can last a week or so.

All I can say is that when fed on dry dog food Takoda constantly smelt like he needed a poop...lol...Always had wind and Keena mearly tolerated the food and both often had diarreoh...So I wonder what the vets would tell me about dog food?...Since being on raw neither stink and have had far less upset tummies and this is the best I have seen them do on any type of food. So the vets will never be able to convince me the other way.

Have you thought that it might not be raw feeding as such causing this prob but something in particular that didn't agree with them...?...I keep a food diary for the dogs and can pin point what they had that might have been a prob or that seems to be causing one. Often it is a case of trial and error and process of elimination to get things back on the right track rather than totally leaving raw feeding altogether. Have you assesed the balance of what you feed latly?? It's important to do this now and again. Have you made a change recently no matter how small? It could be something very simple causing an unbalance. If it is indeed food related and not just some nasties they picked up from a gross puddle or similar.

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 04:09 PM
So glad you're going (or gone) back again. I hope you come back with a better result than this morning, and Kain is better.

I get this sort of thing a lot with one of mine who has a digestive problem, and she gets an overproduction of bad bacteria in her gut. She only starts off with a short bout of sickness, it never lasts, before it turns to diarrhea, then bright orange poop (like you had, or rather Kain had!) then it goes on to red (bloody) water! In my case I just have to get some antibiotics into her to help her case, and loads of probiotic pills and yoghurts. I can't stop what's happening to my dog it's all part of her EPI problem, but it would never last as long as yours has with Kain unless she didn't have AB's which Kain has hasn't he. I do hope it's not something to do with that stuffing, it's still harping at the back of my mind!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Mys nothing had changed at all, he was fine, we were out in the woods when he started throwing everything up, once he was sick the squirts started, no other sickness apart from the other night when he had been starved for the 24 hours...I won't be feeding anything raw to either of them till I make sure its not that.
At the vet last night I noticed Kain stagger, I mentioned this when I went in and just aswell his blood sugar level was way too low, he got an anti biotic injection, and more tabs, also got some prescription diet for him, not the dry chappie looking one the one that looks like pate, and is high in fats vits ect to boost his sugar level, he is still squirting, and has another appointment for Monday he will probably get kept in for tests. Thanks Helena, the good thing, if there is one is there is no sign of blood or mucus...Yet, just wish he'd get well soon, hes going around looking at me like he knows sommits up but he does'nt understand it.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Really sorry to hear that kain is still feeling so unwell, fingers crossed for an improvement over the weekend and hopefully the vet can give you a proper diagnosis on Monday and Kain can be treated for whatever he has and can be on the mend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Hope Kain's slightly better today?? I don't like the sound of how it all started. You say you were out in the woods? Could he have picked something nasty up in there do ya think? For him to be sick like that, they're usually immediately sick if they've eaten something they need to get rid of so I really feel it's something he picked up. God forbid, I don't want to frighten you or anything, but they're not raising pheasants in the woods around where you walk are they? These horrible people are the ones who were putting poisoned bait down in our woods near the horse, when Cassie ate some. I say this because of the staggering! That's just how Cassie was the night it all started, but then again, she was vomiting up blood, so maybe it can't be that? I'm very, very surprised your vet hasn't had him in to put him on a drip quite honestly the state he sounds to be in? When Cassie was bad and staggered like that, my vet immediately gave her Vit K injection with something else, but I can't remember what else it was? Maybe that's what your vet gave Kain? Awww, I do hope he recovers over the week-end, it's been going on a bit long for my liking, something's not quite right is it?!Take care, big hugs for both of you. How's Inca now then, is she ok???
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Hope Kain is doing ok, they really worry us. Thinking of you over this neck of the woods.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for your concern Helena, Werewolf and Fudgley, He defo did'nt pick anything up in the woods, Inka was sick that same morning, I put him on a light diet straight away, Kain seemed fine cause he was eating ect as usual so he got his normal food, it was later that same day Kain was ill in the woods, Inka had the same symptoms but seems to have got over it really quick compared to Kain, the good news is he did a squirt at lunch but it had a bigger formed bit at the end YYEEHHAA ! I had to go back to the vet to get more prescription meat for him cause he was'nt touching the other stuff the vet gave me, so he had 1/3 of a can at lunch with half a cup science plan and wolfed it, then tried to get Inkas lol, hopefully he won't need to be kept in on Monday.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 03:17 PM
have just pm's you Ink, I would be at my wits end to if it were my lot, sending hugs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank God for that then, he's delivered! Lol!

The way he's hungry, he's well on the mend, you'll be ok now!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >