View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Well back to the vet tomorrow with Kain, I popped in on the way back to work and told them I was quite concerned about him, I've been told to starve him the rest of today and see how he is in the morning but I've made an appointment anyway, and I'll try to get a sample off him in the morning yuck !
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Goodluck for Kain for tomorrow.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks werewolf, must admit he is worrying me now, seems to be going on too long.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Well we saw another vet who did'nt even bother to read his notes before we got in he said GSD have these sorts of probs, I said hes not a GS hes a Nothern Inuit, I had to say it twice, ( stupid Idiot ) hes gave him antibiotics which he has already brought back up, I 've to try again with them later...because they are pallatable Duh ! He was starved yesterday squirted this morning twice, has had 45 mls of Kaolin n' Morphine, never worked...now he does'nt want any more boiled chick turkey or fish ?? He was up at 3.45 being sick, Inka woke me to tell me, he brought up some stuffing from the quilt he ripped up on Tuesday, so thats been lying in his belly the last 2 days aswell, poor wee guy...wish I had x ray vision...he has another appointment on Monday, and we sent a stool sample away.

Oh forgot to say I also got a lecture for feeding raw, he told me that the bacteria in the raw meat doe'snt get processed properly through the gut so any bacteria in the digestive tract thats already there has some thing to feed off and it makes these sorts of things harder to treat ?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear that, not much help but I think it is worth ringing them and asking to speak with a different vet.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:41 PM
ink just going to pm you
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
ink just going to pm you
Okley dokley
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I might just do that were wolf, we have'nt saw our usual guy during this, he works between 2 practices.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Really sorry to hear things are still not right. I would go back and ask to see someone else as a dog being this sick is not going to keep down medication.
I do hope things pick up soon its really worrying when they are poorly like this isn't it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear he's still poorly. You don't think he could have eaten more of that quilt stuffing than you thought??? Not a lot more you can do really if you've seen the vet twice now already? Did you mention the quilt bit to either of them?

Foodwise, are you cooking the chicken and fish at the moment? If not I think perhaps you should, just while he's like this. Maybe mix some mashed potato in with some shredded up chicken, I swear by mashed potato for settling tums. Get some live bio yoghurt too, as that will put back a lot of good bacteria in his gut and willl be good for him.

A lot of vets are against the raw feeding I realise that, so he would say that wouldn't he! Then again, he's probably right, so I suppose it's a chance you take by feeding raw. I would if I could, but I can't, so I can't offer any knowledge on that score.

I hope he's better over the week-end and you don't have to phone an emergency vet. Hopefully he'll pick up, it's been over 48 hours now, so I don't think it's a bug, and yet your other dog had it? Maybe the vet is right and it was some nasty bacteria in the raw food, and he just ate more of it perhaps? All the best, I know how you must be feeling seeing your poor dog like this, not nice, been there many a time. Take care.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »