View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 12:13 AM
OMG poor baby! Can't add much but we use very warm/hot salt water on Loki's wounds (what are these dogs like??? ) and some TCP if we think it's necessary. Always seems to do the trick, especially to draw out infection if it's been caused by barbed wire.

Have a look tomorrow and if it's very deep and still bleeding/looking infected I'd pop to the vets.

Poor Keena - give her a big hug from us and let us know how she is tomorrow.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
OMG poor baby! Can't add much but we use very warm/hot salt water on Loki's wounds (what are these dogs like??? ) and some TCP if we think it's necessary. Always seems to do the trick, especially to draw out infection if it's been caused by barbed wire.

Have a look tomorrow and if it's very deep and still bleeding/looking infected I'd pop to the vets.

Poor Keena - give her a big hug from us and let us know how she is tomorrow.
Thank you

Right the update is I took all the bandage off and cut all her fur back around the wound which was quite difficult...and although I happily chop up all the raw meat for their food etc etc and I've often got blood dripping down my arms from chopping up huge ox heart and stuff I am actually squeemish!!...especially when the injury is on something I love! So I have to say I didn't like spending so long fixated on this area while dealing with it...

...Anyway I got her all wrapped back up and then I had a s***y night or few hrs sleep once I finally went to sleep because even though poor little Keena didn't move about much, the stupid bandage just kept slipping so being aware of that I slept so rubbish as I always do when anything is wrong with them....Then this morning I took all the dressing back off and popped her in the tub...poor little dog hasn't had upright ears since we first noticed how nasty it was they have been firmly pinned to her seal head the whole time woe is me style

Anyway I flushed it all out for 10 mins with luke warm water...got her back out the tub and let it air dry a bit then wrapped her all back up again in her bandage...Soon as it goes on the ears are down again

So that's how she is for now and I'll guess it's some onlead walks for her till it heals a fair bit.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Ew what an awful night! Poor Keena it must be really horrible for her. It's rotten when your dog gets hurt. Just keep at it and hopefully it won't get infected and will soon heal up. When Loki had his throat lump lanced we bathed it twice a day with hot salt water and also tcp and it's gone now. Just had to repeat with his paw - he's got a massive gash on his pad that was bleeding all over the place.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm still contemplating stiches - I will make my mind up either way by tomorow am. It is pretty nasty, the muscle is exposed, it doesn't bleed continuely but the way the skin moves over the muscle and basically there is just a hole in the skin - it does have a little bleeding now and again. Looking at it she is lucky it's not alot worse because you can see where the sharp object first scratched her about 15mm before the actual wound. And you can also see a line over the muscle where it would have cut had it have gone any deeper. Poor pooch.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 05:55 PM
oohh bless, i hope she is better very soon
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2007, 06:41 PM
well they don't do things by halves do they? Only thing is Mys, if you have her stitched you will then be lumbered with a mard **** with a lampshade on her head blundering through doors and prodding you with said lampshade
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
well they don't do things by halves do they? Only thing is Mys, if you have her stitched you will then be lumbered with a mard **** with a lampshade on her head blundering through doors and prodding you with said lampshade

I think this little set back might drive me insane Do you want to know what the poor little mites bandage consists of??...I didn't have any proper supplies until tonight...and today I had her midrift wraped in a towel and cling film - Did not work!! Hopefully I will make a better job tonight

It's just in a akward place right where her waist begins so anything wrapped around her there just slips down where she tucks in.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Ohh really sorry to hear about that wound, sounds deep

Hope Keena feels better soon, you must have been so worried, huge hugs xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Awww Mys - you did your best , bless you!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Poor Keena, Get Well Soon Keena.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >