View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2016, 06:41 PM
hahaha Norma and her imaginary dogs...hilarious!!!
just got off the bus and saw the police at my friends flat, all of a sudden i was called over by said police man...apparently one neighbour had accused my friends nephew of calling him a retard and throwing stones at his flat....thing is, i was there when the boy was supposed to have been doing this, he didn't do it at all, spent an hour in the piss**g down rain talking to the police, they are reporting him to the rspca for his cat...the one i tried to help a couple of years back, the cat will end up being pts as she is practically feral, gutted
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Can he move the cat elsewhere so its not around when the RSPCA come, then take better care of it once they've gone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Evening all, back from Essex.
Gill is struggling with the heat and she had the cold I had and it has really knocked the stuffing out of her. But as normal she is battling on and we enjoyed our day together.
Seems everyone has had a relatively good day except griff regards the cat.

I have just taken a look on streetlife for our village and lo and behold we have a big conversation going on about the footpath. The people on there liking the new route. Couldn't help it had to have my say about the dangers of new handrail and dangerous steps and mud underneath our feet and how would anyone disabled now access the footpath ? Make those issues safe and I am sure people who have complained would not have an issue with the alternative route.
Plus why do the geese need to be on the footpath terrorising dogs, walkers and making far more mess on the footpath than dogs.
I did mention that I was one who put in a complaint and maybe the owner would prefer to be completely private and drive walkers away.
I am waiting for the back lash.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Just couldn't help myself there Gnasher
I quite understand Norma!! Its just so much easier to imagine that you have GSP's rather than have them in reality!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2016, 09:13 PM
'evening all

LG I just read your post of last night and pleased to see you're up to 15.8% so you're heading in theright direction.

Moyra you didn't say if you've been back to the Doc. but I would think you need to after your operation especially if you're not feeling right.

Griff I noted that you had a conversation with Steve, that's good, just hope that he won't upset you again.

June, poor old Zen, I expect she is champing at the bit, at that age they have so much energy.

Lynn thanks for mentioning Street Life, it's ages since I looked on that site.

Lara had her stitches removed yesterday, vet said she was doing well, SWMBO wants to see if she will swim but better wait a few more days.

Brenda, I did look at that link, first thing I noticed is that it talks about 'grey areas' that makes me nervous 'cos what it really means is there is an opportunity for someone to claim 'compo' people seem to do this all the time these days and it makes me mad

Must go now, will look in tomorrow if I can.

ETA:-
Some of you might spot I just posted this on Thursdays thread, yes it has just hit me, today is Friday
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Never mind Harvey, if you don't know what day it is, we won't mention it again
I'd leave Lara for a while before expecting her to do anything strenuous. Let her make her own progress at her own pace.
She'll let you know when she's ready
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Evening been at work, couldn't get on before cos of the site being down.
Not much to tell you really, except forgot to tell you yesterday I got my 1stone award at SW yesterday
Brenda - I love Birds of a feather I'm watching New Tricks at the mo
Losos glad Lara is doing well
Griff poor cat, hope something can be done to save him
Lynn glad you had a good day with Gill
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Never mind Harvey, if you don't know what day it is, we won't mention it again
I'd leave Lara for a while before expecting her to do anything strenuous. Let her make her own progress at her own pace.
She'll let you know when she's ready
No excuse is there

Yes, we don't push her, some of the nicer walks are near the river and there is a place where she can, if she wants, walk in, I'll keep you posted on what she does.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Yeah leave her to find her feet, she's not had a great time so far, and she'll need time.
Lynn, forgot to say sorry to hear about Gill and hoping she pulls through this latest setback
Can't understand why people are liking the new set up, unless of course they are friends of the Muppet who's done it
Brenda, how would I get Zen to drink Comfrey tea,I doubt I would emerge unscathed from the experience
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Evening all - June - just give her the dried comfrey tea leaves mixed in with mince (which is what I do) it'll turn to tea when it hits the stomach. It never occured to me to even try to administer it as made up tea. If you recall I use it for help with joint strains and the heavier knocks.
More yacking with the various medicos (ref the Nephs) today. Seems at current rate surgery will be avoided, but strict dietary measures will be in place. It is reckoned that my function will level out at around 18% provided there are no setbacks.
As Lynn said, it does seem as if most have had a good day today, but Griff,s friends cat seems doomed if the Croolty get hold of it. For an animal charity dedicated to their care the Croolty seem very keen on giving everything the final solution! Can't stand them myself and severely harangue anyone who approaches me with a collecting tin or similar. I have read some most distressing things about them over recent years!
I presume that by now everyone will have gone to bed, so I won't be far behind you, goodnight all. G.
P.S. Good to see you back Norma (with or without imaginary dogs)!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3