Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Finally!

I got Nigredo the water loving Labramutt to get INTO the pool instead of just drinking from it and staring at it! And once he was in, there was NO stopping him!! The pool is too small, so probably will get a larger one for next summer, but so glad he decided to LIKE it after so many tries to get him to go in.

Bunnyhead was having none of it, unfortunately. I tried to (vocally) coax her in, but I knew she would not. Once she turned away and tried to escape, I knew she was done so we went on inside. It is VERY sunny out, my camera was just playing the light weird.

She was wet because when it's rather hot... I hose them both down while we are out there. I also knew this was the only way she'd stay cool because even if I was able to coax Nigredo into the pool, I was fairly certain she would not go in. Maybe when he is not around she might go in?

At about 0:26 he sloshed water onto her foot and she moved it IMMEDIATELY. Kinda made me giggle
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Oh Myra - that video clip really made me smile!
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Looks like they had a great time, looked like Jade wanted to get in but wasn't quite brave enough, maybe next time
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks like he had a good time.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks, everyone. I think Nigredo was so boisterous, that Jade wasn't quite brave enough to go in with him. I think I'll hold him back and try and let her try it on her own.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Awww bless, looks like he's loving it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Thanks, everyone. I think Nigredo was so boisterous, that Jade wasn't quite brave enough to go in with him. I think I'll hold him back and try and let her try it on her own.
I loved the way her tail was wagging so much - she just seemed so happy, Bless her! xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I loved the way her tail was wagging so much - she just seemed so happy, Bless her! xx
Malka, I think she really wanted to play with him... but just didn't want to go into the water. She was VERY happy, a quiet Jadey is a happy Jadey, she is very vocal when she doesn't like something.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2014, 12:38 AM
That made me smile! Now I want you to come to my house and teach my pups. I got a wading pool last year and except for attracting spiders the dogs wouldn't go near it. The nasty one at the dog park Sophie usedta love...go figya
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2014, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
That made me smile! Now I want you to come to my house and teach my pups. I got a wading pool last year and except for attracting spiders the dogs wouldn't go near it. The nasty one at the dog park Sophie usedta love...go figya
SO funny! Nigredo is nearly two years old and before now he would NOT even remotely go into the pool. When he was little, I tried placing him into the pool and he jumped out right away. It was bought for my last old Lab mix late in his life, and he'd never touch it, either.

What I think helped was letting him run all over the place first and tire him out and make it so he was quite hot, THEN fill the pool up and lead him to it. It was his only source of water, and his only source for cooling down.

I did not touch him at all but as he drank from it... he realized that it was big enough to jump in, so he put one paw... and then another paw, and then YAY!!!

It worked because I really think Jadey really wanted to go in, too... but she was not brave enough to brave the pup AND the water. I'll try again with her when he is not around to splash and be annoying.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >