View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hommy
New Member!
Female 

21-08-2014, 12:29 AM
hi guys i decided to adopt the puppy from shelter, they are so friendly there. I called to so many training dog course, and i decided to take some dog training classes for my new friend puppy, if some body knows this training dog facility let me know, [mod edit] wanna get there some dog training classes, they told me they have good Russian trainer Maxim Basyro 20 years of experience. he is professional of his job, and they told he will do the best for my dog. what do you think about this facility may be smb had classes there?
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-08-2014, 12:42 AM
From someone who has been down this road, please wait till the child is 2 to 3 years old.

The newborn will take far to much of your time for correct training.

Also we as men love our wife, but just the stress between newborn, work, and trying to help, is not the ideal household for a pup to be raised in.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2014, 01:23 AM
hommy dear, do what you feel in your heart you want to do. But just in case please consider a backup plan for your pup if for some unforeseen reason baby and dog are too challenging.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 04:26 AM
I had a feeling she was set on a puppy. Oh, well... I hope all goes well. As for that training place...

Using a choke chain on a mini poodle puppy is a no. A puppy doesn't need a choke chain, really?

And there goes the prong on the GSD. The dogs are also too submissive IMO. Ears folded back, tails always held down. Not my cup of tea at all.

But I will say, the dogs are in line... so they seem pretty effective, even though I can't agree with the collars and the training nearly always done with leashes.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by hommy View Post
............................ what do you think about this facility may be smb had classes there?
Hm he uses chokers, pinch collars-for me a huge no no no
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2014, 04:45 PM
IMHO no shock, no prong, no choke, there are more effective humane training methods
hommy
New Member!
Female 

22-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Thank you guys for your advices I am very glad to be on this forum. I called to so many training school and i found one school. I think this the best what i found. The trainer he has 20 years of experience, he had practice in the same situation. But I steel wanna your advice guys, may be you already had classes in this school, the school [mod edit ] I wanna get individual classes from this school they have first class 60% off. I will waiting for your answers guys
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Oh, gosh. I can't give any more answers to this user. She's ignoring everything we're saying so why bother to give her any advice at all? She also writes like a 10 year old, and her comments are very hard to read.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Hommy, do you realize you are posting the same question on different parts of the same forum? So the same people are reading both threads. You will not get different answers here I'm afraid.

From others' comments it seems that trainer uses pain and punishment to train dogs which is considered totally wrong by anyone with half a brain these days. Please find a trainer who uses POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT methods (praise for good behaviour and NOT punishment).

Sadly I fear you will ignore all advice anyway, since we have all told you that getting a puppy now is a terrible idea and it is highly likely you will not cope. The one to suffer most from this is the poor dog. Don't add to its suffering by using harsh training techniques. Just DON'T GET THE DOG AT ALL.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2014, 09:18 PM
We have reason to believe this poster is not genuine.
Thank you to all to have responded .
Post locked.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3