Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
So the fact that they have spend millions of pounds on a lovely NEW headquarters for the higher ups that was donated to help animals is OK ????

The RSPCA in the UK has no connections with the RSPCA in other Commonwealth countries ther than in the name.

They pick & choose which animals to help & waste millions n TV advertizing for THEIR biggest animal rescue ever-yet NONE of this money is used on the front line.

They are hypocrites their leader & CEO, Gavin Grant, has publicly described all pedigree dogs as mutants !
How much of those millions collected did YOU PERSONALLY donate Joe? If you give them lots of money you have a perfect right to complain about what they do with it.

Otherwise it's a bit like not voting in Gen Elections and then complaining about the Govt you get.

Most people have no idea of the costs of actually running a huge concern either. I know that a few years ago the cost to the Nat Trust of just maintaining their database for membership with 'a big US software co' was 5 million a year. If they didn't maintain the database they wouldn't be able to function as an organisation with a MEMBERSHIP of MILLIONS.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ocal-hunt.html

If you want to support thr RSPCA and you want your money to go to helping animals then maybe you should donate direct to a local shelter, or a private shelter
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I have had too many problems with the RSPCA personally so not a fan at all, trouble is often they are the only people we can report to though so have to bite the bullet and use them. Sadly I don't trust them a jot though.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
How much of those millions collected did YOU PERSONALLY donate Joe? If you give them lots of money you have a perfect right to complain about what they do with it...............................
They spend money donated for animal welfare on fancy TV adverts & all the income goes straight to the headquarters & none is used for the front line RSPCA branches who bear the coat of running the kennels to which, the head quarters paid, Inspectors take the dogs/cats etc

It allegedly costs £50,000 to train an Inspector & surprisingly enough these are the compulsory requirements
  • Minimum of 5 GCSE A-C passes/O levels (or equivalent) and relevant experience.
  • Interpersonal skills, preferably in controlling confrontational situations, are essential.
  • Experience of working with animals is desirable.
  • Physically fit - able to swim 50 metres fully clothed.
  • Valid driving licence.
  • Qualified inspectors may be posted anywhere in England or Wales, although personal preferences are taken into account where possible
Hm no mention of animal handling qualifications etc as a requirement only
A relevant qualification in animal welfare/care and experience of working with animals will also be helpful.
Perhaps this is why so many of the Inspectors come from the services & have little affinity with the animals they deal with

For example the London based Inspector who "imprisoned"a chocolate Lab cross as a "Pit Bull"for several months, only to have the court case thrown out as the bitch obviously was as much like a PBT as my Cavalier is She was obviously very upset with the court findings as she thought the dog was clearly a PBT & typical of the"breed"BTW the dog had done nothing other that live in the inspectors area & be out having a walk with her elderly owner, who was left in tears when she took his pet away.

BTW my name isn't Joe see my signature below
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post

If you want to support thr RSPCA and you want your money to go to helping animals then maybe you should donate direct to a local shelter, or a private shelter
Just retread this and thought I should clarify.
I am not suggesting you should give anything to the RSPCA because I don't but if you do and want it to go to the animals go direct to your local shelter.p
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 04:11 PM

Exactly. And that's what I do. No one is forced to give to the RSPCA and if they do and disagree with what their money is spent on they can complain to the RSPCA and in fact STOP donating to them.

I'm not sure what their detractors want actually. Do they want the RSPCA abolished?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Dyane (sorry about the name muddle - my name isn't Tangutica but I don't fall out of my tree or roll my eyes if people call me that!)

I asked
Originally Posted by Tangutica
How much of those millions collected did YOU PERSONALLY donate Joe? If you give them lots of money you have a perfect right to complain about what they do with it...............................
You replied
They spend money donated for animal welfare on fancy TV adverts & all the income goes straight to the headquarters & none is used for the front line RSPCA branches who bear the coat of running the kennels to which, the head quarters paid, Inspectors take the dogs/cats etc

It allegedly costs £50,000 to train an Inspector & surprisingly enough these are the compulsory requirements
I asked how much of their millions did YOU donate. I did not ask you what they spend the money they do get on.

I assume the answer to my question is you donated nothing to them. Therefore they are not spending YOUR money on stuff you don't agree with.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Exactly. And that's what I do. No one is forced to give to the RSPCA and if they do and disagree with what their money is spent on they can complain to the RSPCA and in fact STOP donating to them.

I'm not sure what their detractors want actually. Do they want the RSPCA abolished?
Abolished, no.
If they stopped killing animals needlessly, stopped sending PAID people on commission to try and get money out of me and acted on every report of abuse and neglect more effectively i'd have no issue with them.

As I say, they seem to have dealt with my issue well, carrying out an investigation but the is NOT the response I have had I the past when reporting issues.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh, and the freedom food scheme too.
Boy does that one needs some tightening up.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Just retread this and thought I should clarify.
I am not suggesting you should give anything to the RSPCA because I don't but if you do and want it to go to the animals go direct to your local shelter.p
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >