Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
Maybe they've changed, just contacted RSPCA. Couldn't fault them actually.
Really

Lovely people the RSPCA that uses captive bolts to kill domestic pets & then uses this as an excuse, yer right, excuse me whilst I throw up
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Maybe not
Aslong as this vile individual ( assuming she knows the conditions these puppies are almost certainly coming from) is put out of business that's the main thing.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Horrific experiences, I agree.So that's every member of the RSPCA were involved,is it? There are no competent people working there? No rescues, no lives saved? This is how the RSPSA operate all over the world. Clearly,the people involved in these incidents, and I'm sure there's others,should be sacked,or even prosecuted.But in my opinion the work the RSPSA do is invaluable. What they do with their headquarters is of no importance to me!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
Maybe not
Aslong as this vile individual ( assuming she knows the conditions these puppies are almost certainly coming from) is put out of business that's the main thing.
Which is why the Local Authority is the way to go, they have to investigate The LA is Suffolk County Council
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Thank you, I will get right on that tomorrow as I doubt they will answer now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Always causes controversy when there is mention of the RSPCA.

But regarding the euthanising of animals that cannot be rehomed and shelters are over full - I will ask the same question I always ask ....

What is the answer then? If rescues can take no more in and no one is prepared to rehome?

Almost ALL rescues here in the South of Cyprus euthanise if no one claims or rehomes a dog within about a week or so!

In the North they don't euthanise. They round em up, spay them and put them back where they found them. If you ever go there you will see HUNDREDS of dogs roaming the streets. At night they roam in packs through the hotel and motel complexes. And if you go to the centre, you cannot see the grass on roundabouts because they are completely covered with dogs.

This leads to locals taking matters into their own hands and randomly shooting and poisoning pets. Poisoning pets is a BIG issue and problem here and it is an agonising and unspeakable death. Lanate is the poison of choice - banned in the South and in most other civilised countries but freely available in the North.

*about wildlife - when I lived in Paignton my language students returned home one night with a mallard with a broken leg. It was one of the worst stormy nights I can remember. The RSPCA came out at MIDNIGHT to collect this duck.

Most complaints I've read about them say they are more interested in taking people to court and prosecuting them than they are worried about the welfare of the animals.

Well I read often enough how people think it is the owners who should be prosecuted. I must say it puzzles me.

I see the RSPCA as being a bit like the NATIONAL TRUST. They are HUGE. And any huge organisation is never going to please everyone. But I also think that as long as some of the vast amounts of money collected ends up in the right places it's better than if they didn't exist.

Charities, all big charities, are commercial BUSINESS concerns these days. Even charity shops.

If you are concerned you can do your BIT locally, get out there and volunteer to do some work for nothing for a local rescue. Whether it's mucking out, feeding the inmates, picking them up, taking them to vets, fostering them, whatever.

I don't donate to the RSPCA (but have bought lots of stuff from their eBay sellers in the past) because they are huge. I prefer to donate to more local, more struggling concerns. I also help hands on whenever I can. I helped hands on in a rescue 5 mornings a week for 18 months before moving here. Also collect stuff for them to sell at fetes, car boots etc.

Any concern that rescues ANY animals and has the clout to prosecute the abusive owners is worth keeping.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Horrific experiences, I agree.So that's every member of the RSPCA were involved,is it? There are no competent people working there? No rescues, no lives saved? This is how the RSPSA operate all over the world. Clearly,the people involved in these incidents, and I'm sure there's others,should be sacked,or even prosecuted.But in my opinion the work the RSPSA do is invaluable. What they do with their headquarters is of no importance to me!
So the fact that they have spend millions of pounds on a lovely NEW headquarters for the higher ups that was donated to help animals is OK ????

The RSPCA in the UK has no connections with the RSPCA in other Commonwealth countries ther than in the name.

They pick & choose which animals to help & waste millions n TV advertizing for THEIR biggest animal rescue ever-yet NONE of this money is used on the front line.

They are hypocrites their leader & CEO, Gavin Grant, has publicly described all pedigree dogs as mutants !
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Just had this reply from the council

Good morning xxxxxx, thank you for your email. I can advise you that currently, at this present time, Poplar Farm Riding Stables, Hundon, CO10 8DS does not have a licence in place for the sale of puppies.

Regards
XXXXXXXXXX

__________________________________________________ _____________________
xxxxxxx
Licensing Officer
Environmental Health

Direct dial xxxxxxxxxxx
Email xxxxxxxl@westsuffolk.gov.uk

West Suffolk - working in partnership

Forest Heath District Council - http://www.forest-heath.gov.uk
St Edmundsbury Borough Council - http://www.stedmundsbury.gov.uk
So they are selling puppies illegally, I have advised the sender of their advert on their webpage
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Oh mydod joedeee I LOVE you!!!!
I will pass that information on gladly
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Reported to police and now on the phone to trading standards!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >