Our sister sites
Our sister sites
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Lmao

Google Andrewsarchus, you might be even more impressed.
Couldn't find Andrews ass on the web, can u send a pic of it to my message box?
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
The book I'm in the middle of reading basically suggests that dogs are not direct descendants of wolves but that they share a common ancestor. I think that would explain the similarities in DNA?

Someone with a bit more knowledge care to clarify?
Something I've just remebered is the scientific reseach has also proven that chimps have 98% of the dna of humans, yet we too are 2 completely separate species. Suppose creatures with the same dnamust evolve differenly according to the different environment and conditions they are evolving in
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
The DNA of wolves and domestic dogs are so similar that nowadays Scientists refer to domestic dogs as Canis Lupus Familiaris - a sub-division of the gray wolf (Canis Lupus). Having said that, in terms of mitochondrial DNA, there is a minor but significant difference of 0.02% between wolves and domestic dogs, and the latest theories consider that domestic dogs and wolves have been recognisably separate for 12-16,000 years. Archeologists in the Kamchatka region of Siberia have found the remains of domesticated Laika (husky) type dogs dating back 10,000 years.

Mick
Ifind myself wondering if people even created the sled breeds at all, or could they have already evolved into the dogs that they are, and then were they tamed and used for working purposes by the people. Has anyone got a time machine?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by beowulf881 View Post
I think you have the right to discuss your W dog as much as you like with like minded people, if other people don't like it they don't have to join in the discussion. They can have a mind of their own, but are also loyal, loving, protective companions, there's an up and down side to every breed of dog, and as long as people research the breed they want properly and can accept the downside, they are perfectly entiltled to own, and discuss them with whoever they want. Some of the people chipping in making 'remarks' to put it mildly, have never had one, and know nothing about them.
You misunderstand I think.

I discuss my dog a lot - as a dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Anyone else now thinking this is a wind up? Enough nouse to know what has gone on in the distant past on this forum but can't use photobucket.

Posts that sound like they come from Gnashers twin.

rune
Clearly, I have far better manners than you Rune. I have kept out of this thread purposely, out of courtesy to a NEW MEMBER on Dogsey, Beowulf. But you have gone too far.

What you have just said is plain, downright rudeness and I think you should apologise.

If Beowulf were my twin, I would be proud - he/she sounds a very reasonable person and quite frankly some of you have treated a newbie with extreme rudeness. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Clearly, I have far better manners than you Rune. I have kept out of this thread purposely, out of courtesy to a NEW MEMBER on Dogsey, Beowulf. But you have gone too far.

What you have just said is plain, downright rudeness and I think you should apologise.

If Beowulf were my twin, I would be proud - he/she sounds a very reasonable person and quite frankly some of you have treated a newbie with extreme rudeness. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
As I said in an earlier post, I have been shocked at the way users on here treat people, but I'm one of those....water off a ducks back.........don't let the b........s get you down etc., kind of people. I can't help wondering how many decent people must have left the site because of this.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle

I guess I am trying to establish at what point you would call your dog a dog as opposed to a wolf dog
Not sure if you missed this?
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Not sure if you missed this?
I think of him as a wolfdog,most of the time he's very doggy,but I can see the wolfyness in him too. You would have to own, and observe one to understand.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I think of him as a wolfdog,most of the time he's very doggy,but I can see the wolfyness in him too. You would have to own, and observe one to understand.
Ok - my fault. Rephrase.

What point would a wolfdog become a dog (IYO)?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
As I said in an earlier post, I have been shocked at the way users on here treat people, but I'm one of those....water off a ducks back.........don't let the b........s get you down etc., kind of people. I can't help wondering how many decent people must have left the site because of this.
I am shocked at the number of people that come on as a wind up.

The jury is still out as far as I can see.

rune
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 >