Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:13 PM

One to one training?

How much can I expect to pay for one to one training? Would a trainer come to the house or do I go to them?

Anyone?
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:23 PM
The trainer we used came out to our house and we paid her about £30 which included the consultation (2 hours) Then any follow up consultations are about £25 I think
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:25 PM
For Pet Training, i go to the customer. I do 3 sessions £60, 6 sessions for £100. Payment in advance. (Behaviour stuff is more.)
I do some in house & some out in park as required.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I had help with a one to one trainer for our last dog about 20 years ago, or thereabouts so the cost would not be representative for today.

She came to the house, and I would not have considered it value for money if I had to go to her.......apart from anything else, some of the problems were specific to the home environment.

I have to say that it was money extremely well spent.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you! That's not as expensive as I thought it would be! I will will see if I can find some one local and see how their prices compare!

Thanks again! X
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
The good thing is , is that you can cover what you wan /needto cover, not specifically the class syabus, & because its contrating on YOU & your dog, not the naughtiest dog in the class, so its value for money!
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I got to ao one to one trainer. infact an ex police dog trainer. we to to him cos there is a field near him which we do the training on we payed £35 for an hour and a half session but now we go to him with a friend and her dog and do it together he charges us £30 between us for training the 2 dogs for an hour and a half.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
It can vary wildly!

One guy I spoke to charges £100 for an 'afternoon'. In reality, that meant two and a half hours!

Another trainer in my area charges £65 for an hour and a half.

Yet another trainer only charges £15 for an hour.

Also just because someone charges a lot, does not mean they are necessarily better or more skilled than a trainer who charges less.

I recommend speaking to a few trainers and seeing what they offer. It's also vital to find a trainer who is encouraging and positive

We meet our trainer at a local park, but some trainers will come to your home, especially if you're having problems with something in the home.

Let us know how you get on
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I did some one to one training with a guy who was helping us with working trials stuff. He charged £30 a session - and that could be anything up to 4-5 hours.

ETA: I used to meet him on a private estate he had the use of for tracking etc. However, I know he did lots of one to one and behavioural stuff where he went to people's houses.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey-the above prices sound quite cheap compared to what I have paid in the past for Cherry!

We paid an "Amichien" consultant £100 for an afternoon spent with me and the dogs. However, it did also included free contact afterwards as a follow-up or if you had any problems. Don't believe the theory behind this now but it certainly did make a difference to Cherry as other people commented on her changed behaviour.

Paid another behaviourist £75 for a couple of hours. This was at a really low point with Cherry when I was really considering having her put to sleep as I didn't feel able to cope with her behaviour. He was very good and helped me to know that she was trainable and how best to handle her around other dogs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >