Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by calseoni View Post
If you find it I would be interested in buying it
I think the ex nicked it, so I doubt I'll be looking for it any time soon, since I have nowt to do with him now thank goodness The only one I've got I use for tracking with Indie, they handle so much nicer than anything fabric, although they do need cleaning and storing carefully.
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2010, 09:27 PM
We used one with Jas for a while when we first got him and quickly learned to use gloves, i used an old pair of soft leather sailing gloves.
It was easier to let it trail on the floor, but unfortunately where we were taking him was also usued by cows, needless to say line and gloves were in the wash more than they werent!!
Reeling in the line got really annoying and knotty most of the time, then he would take off and crush fingers or burn hands or pull shoulders out!!
Thank goodness he seemed to learn recall pretty quick, shame about his regular lead walking! bloomin mutt!!
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2010, 09:31 PM
There's a knack to winding a long line so you don't get it knotted, and can throw it out in a straight line without it getting tangled. It's the same as how you wind wool around between your thumbs, for those who remember, you end up with it crossing over in the middle, but it unwinds perfectly when you throw it out.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2