View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't watch Eastenders (or any soap actually) but can't believe they've got a storyline such as this, especially since the Pedigree Dogs programme and the BBC pull out of Crufts... no joined up thinking at all
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
To be fair, I don't think they harped on about the money making side of it to any major degree. After all, didn't Bradley say it was "£100 a pop" (OH thought he said "£100 a pup" and said "SB's are cheap" ) which is pretty much bargain basement price for doggy sperm these days

I, personally, didn't feel there was too much to get steamed up about but we all have the right to be "steamed up" if we want What someone feels strongly about, another one doesn't, that's what makes life interesting, isn't it

Let us know how you get on with your complaint Nicola. It will be interesting to see if the BBC are taking complaints seriously, particularly after the Jon Ross business! I expect they will have received an awful lot of complaints about the breeding issue last night, as I know this subject always causes heated debates and upset
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Not enough people in this world are passionate about the welfare of animals, or people or anything else for that matter and I think it's great that some people feel the need to speak up about it.
I think you will find that plenty of people out there are passionate about animal welfare, but this IS a fictional TV show, not real life. Granted some of the storylines involving animals are dim and not well thought out, but 99%of people are capable of distinguishing fiction from real life. Anyone dumb enough to think of putting their dog to stud as the result of Eastenders will get a cold, sharp shock when they realise that it isn't as simple as that, and that 99% of people wouldn't touch an untested, unproven pet with a 10 foot barge pole.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think you will find that plenty of people out there are passionate about animal welfare, but this IS a fictional TV show, not real life. Granted some of the storylines involving animals are dim and not well thought out, but 99%of people are capable of distinguishing fiction from real life. Anyone dumb enough to think of putting their dog to stud as the result of Eastenders will get a cold, sharp shock when they realise that it isn't as simple as that, and that 99% of people wouldn't touch an untested, unproven pet with a 10 foot barge pole.
I disagree. I would say that there are heaps of people out there who allow themselves to be influenced by a TV show and by the time they realise it will be too late.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I disagree. I would say that there are heaps of people out there who allow themselves to be influenced by a TV show and by the time they realise it will be too late.

Though I agree there are some muppets out there, that don't have two braincells to rub together, if we stopped every t.v. programme that might influence those with idiot genes, there'd be nowt on t.v. And if you're not careful Em, I'll bring a certain tv dog trainer into this, then you'll run for cover
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh Lord ;o)

Yeah, OK you're right. Still think Nic was right to do it if she cares enough though.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh Lord ;o)

Yeah, OK you're right. Still think Nic was right to do it if she cares enough though.
Oh, yes, so do I. She has every right to do so. She has very strong views on the breeding subject and that is not a bad thing
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Pidge, I agree with you here. There are plenty of numpties who will look at this storyline and think puppies = money, and that's all they'll think of it...money making. Afterall, plenty of thickos watch Eastenders, I'm sure!

I feel strongly about animal welfare (like most of us do) and half the time I couldn't give a toss about the folk. They can do what they like, as long as it's not detrimental to animals (or young children, for that matter), then I'll get steamed up about it. I'll probably get shot down for this, but I really don't care.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
To be fair, I don't think they harped on about the money making side of it to any major degree. After all, didn't Bradley say it was "£100 a pop" (OH thought he said "£100 a pup" and said "SB's are cheap" ) which is pretty much bargain basement price for doggy sperm these days

I, personally, didn't feel there was too much to get steamed up about but we all have the right to be "steamed up" if we want What someone feels strongly about, another one doesn't, that's what makes life interesting, isn't it

Let us know how you get on with your complaint Nicola. It will be interesting to see if the BBC are taking complaints seriously, particularly after the Jon Ross business! I expect they will have received an awful lot of complaints about the breeding issue last night, as I know this subject always causes heated debates and upset
Cheeky, sorry, but it's obvious they were only considering breeding purely for the money aspect of it. There are enough idiot breeders out there, without this adding to the problem, which it probably will do.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
im not going to get hot and bothered over it,

its a silly soap, Im sure if dog owners are silly enough to follow what people do on eastenders and mate there dog, they would have done so at some point in time anyway....
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »