View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elisabeth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Before I brought Stark home, I would have said "NO WAY" as I am a little (okay, a lot) OCD about my home and especially bed being sparkly clean.. well, that all changed when I brought my little monster home.

So, it's a YES for me.

I have 2 German Shepherds and myself sleeping on a twin mattress... I need a bigger bed... lol.
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 01:28 AM
lol in our house its up to kira!! she sleeps in our room anyway, used to be crated downstairs but since we moved we've got no room for it to be up all the time, so she sleeps with us.

she has a bed at the foot of ours (one of them orthepedic ones dogs beds comfier than ours! lol) but she'll come up for a cuddle most nights, and often sleep in between our legs, but if she gets in the way we push her off, no growning from her, nothing, if she did she'd be banned from the bed.

I think its rubbish the whole 'if the dog sleeps on the bed it'll think its an equal', i dont have a problem getting kira to listen to me, in fact since shes been on there, shes (finally) bonded with me more

no problems with it so far, except the arrival of our second sibe later this year hopefully... then maybe things'll have to change.... We'll buy a bigger bed!!! lmao
Elisabeth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 02:23 AM
I am actually in the process of bugging my Dad to make me some stairs for Beau... lol.. so she can get up on my bed.. lol.
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by Elisabeth View Post
I am actually in the process of bugging my Dad to make me some stairs for Beau... lol.. so she can get up on my bed.. lol.
why does she need stairs??
Elisabeth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by sid&kira View Post
why does she need stairs??
She is 13 and is starting to have mobility issues, nothing severe but I would like to keep the jumping to a minimum, plus I have hardwood and no rug in my bedroom for her to grip when she jumps off my bed.
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 02:39 AM
ah right now i get it, sorry was just being nosey lol. have you tried the orthepedic beds? they're ment to be a bit like memory foam, they're designed for dogs with less mobility (like ones with hip displacia) so they're not so achey in the morning.

kiras only 11 months but i got an argos card for xmas and couldnt find anything i wanted, so it got spend on the dog as usual! lol
Elisabeth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by sid&kira View Post
ah right now i get it, sorry was just being nosey lol. have you tried the orthepedic beds? they're ment to be a bit like memory foam, they're designed for dogs with less mobility (like ones with hip displacia) so they're not so achey in the morning.

kiras only 11 months but i got an argos card for xmas and couldnt find anything i wanted, so it got spend on the dog as usual! lol
Yup, we have a few different type of beds for her, but she still perfers mine (I like it that way as much as I complain.. lol).
feelion
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Barney doesnt sleep in our bed with us, he does however sleep in our room in his own bed and comes up onto the bed in the morning for a snuggle but only when i invite him up.
Bellasmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2010, 10:01 PM
For the first two weeks we had Bella, I slept downstairs with her, by her crate. Since then, she has slept in her crate, downstairs, except when she has had her jabs and felt a little under the weather afterwards.

She got used to her crate fairly quickly and now she whimpers for about 30 seconds before going to sleep. I think she is just trying it on to see if we take her to bed wit us She always runs upstairs after her morning outing when we have a little play in bed, before we get ready for work.

We don't mind her in bed with us, I just think we all sleep better on our own bed and then love the play time
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2010, 10:21 PM
It's a big no from me, my Chi doesn't even go upstairs. Can't be doing with dog hair all over. My Yorkie did sleep upstairs when she was ill for a few days before she was pts. .
My Chi sleeps in his crate in the kitchen he loves going in there even in the evenings when he gets tired or just wants to get out of the way.
Page 16 of 45 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »