Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:23 PM

Feeling Numb

OH has announced that he's been offered a job in Australia and he's considering taking it there's no way I could go as I have a years training left and then have to work for my company for at least a year following otherwise I have to pay back all of the training fees (mega money!).

I don't really know how I'm supposed to feel about it - obviously I really don't want him to go, but on the other hand I feel that maybe I'm being selfish as it's a fantastic opportunity for him.

He's said that he wants to do it for us more than anything else, we've always said that we'll move out there one day.

At the moment I just feel numb
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:29 PM
oh Sweetie, I'm sure you'll work it out between you.

If his company wants him so much is there no way that they would contribute towards the costs of repaying your training?

Would you be able to carry on your training out there? Is there any liklihood that you would find a job out there whre the company would be prepared to repay your training costs? I know its a huge amount for you, but possibly not an unrealistic amount for a company?

Such a big decision for you both, try and take as much time as they will allow to think it through. I really hope you can sort something out that makes you both happy.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Have Pm'd you
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh Sweetie, I'm sure you'll work it out between you.

If his company wants him so much is there no way that they would contribute towards the costs of repaying your training?

Would you be able to carry on your training out there? Is there any liklihood that you would find a job out there whre the company would be prepared to repay your training costs? I know its a huge amount for you, but possibly not an unrealistic amount for a company?

Such a big decision for you both, try and take as much time as they will allow to think it through. I really hope you can sort something out that makes you both happy.

Oh sorry I should have said it's not a job within his company, he would be working for his uncle who has his own business there
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Oh sorry I should have said it's not a job within his company, he would be working for his uncle who has his own business there
Ah, that makes it a tad more difficult.

But why don't you have a word with recruitment agencies in your field of work over there. If there is a bit of a shortage, you might find that someone is willing to repay the training costs to take you on (this happened to me when I moved jobs - I was to pay back all my training costs, but the company I moved to picked them up for me).
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Aww hun i'm sure you will be able to sort it out.
I'm thinking of you.xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Fantastic opportunity, but like you say a need to think things over. I'm sure you'll come up with the right decision to suit you all. Fingers xxxxxxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Awe hun I feel for you so much. My cousns over there and she hates it but her hubbie has a fab job so she stays and comes home for a few weeks every year.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Oh, Hayley.....

Not an easy position to be in, is it? I'm afraid I can't see a "simple" way out of it, but hope that you and your OH can work it out.

Big hugs honey x0x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 06:53 AM
What a quandary.
I hope you can find some way through x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >