View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Our school will NOT allow children to be taken by anyone else other than the person the child is expecting.It had to be closed last year due to a highly infectious stomach bug and every family was phoned and each child was delivered to the appropriate adult at the classroom door.We were not even alloweed to take friends kids ( I mean best friends who live next door.) unless the school had been notified.

I would think that if parents were unavailable there should have been a pick up point organised out of the zone.A local church hall, library etc....

It sounds like a very badly organised situation. I would be livid if they gave my kids to someone else. What an opportunity for those in society who would use this for their advantage.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I think this sounds appalling. I would be going frantic if my child was with someone I didn't know in goodness knows where.
I have gone into a panic just trying to think of what she should do next.
Nightmare.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Hard to say from the photo, but it dont look like a bomb to me. I hope its not!

Nav
Def looks like a bomb to me!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh, I thought it was dug up by a workman? Now it's washed up on the shore???? It's very big isn't it I bet that'll make a big bang too!

Has your friend found her son yet or at least found out his whereabouts Becky??? I hope so!
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I agree. The Royal navy knows what it is doing. If they have identified it as a bomb, its a bomb.

Nav
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh, I thought it was dug up by a workman? Now it's washed up on the shore???? It's very big isn't it I bet that'll make a big bang too!

Has your friend found her son yet or at least found out his whereabouts Becky??? I hope so!
They dug it up as are currently replacing the shore with rocks as we are being washed away and a lot of the front has fallen into the sea.
It's when it said it was found at 6.30 made me wonder... workmen? working? at 6.30am!??? lol

I haven't heard if she's tracked down her little boy yet, no doubt will hear all about it tomorrow.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
They dug it up as are currently replacing the shore with rocks as we are being washed away and a lot of the front has fallen into the sea.
It's when it said it was found at 6.30 made me wonder... workmen? working? at 6.30am!??? lol
I haven't heard if she's tracked down her little boy yet, no doubt will hear all about it tomorrow.
Nah...... it must have been washed up like I said!!!! Lol! Unless it's a bank holiday of course when they're on quadruple pay??????
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Becky, its not Finn's school is it?????????
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Becky, its not Finn's school is it?????????
It's Langer Primary School Lorna, does he go there?
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 11:14 PM
No Trimley, Tracy just emailed me anyway and they're both fine Has ur friend found her little one yet? I'd be beside myself, how irresponsible of the school!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >