Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Bomb! We are being evactuated!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7358531.stm

..and it's a whopper!
I'm just glad I'm not in the evacuation zone as it's been chaos here today.
My friend got called to the infant school to pick up her little boy as the school was being evacuated, but she couldn't get there as the street was sealed.
This went on for ages until she was eventually allowed to the school to find out he'd gone!
Oh he went home with ****. Well thats great but she has no idea who **** is so has spent the last few hours searching for him and still doesn't know where he is.

Does your school have an evacuation policy or would they let kids go home with anyone as she is going spare.
She can't get home as that is also in the evacuation zone.

Our oldies couldn't get home from the day centre and so are at friends or are currently being moved to the sports centre.
Chaos!

But I am looking forward to the excitement of them blowing it up tomorrow!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Omg Becky that is horrendous, I dont have children so cant begin to imagine the hell your friend is going threw , But I know if it was one of my nieces or nephews id be frantic , And extremley angry with the school , My sisters childrens schools have evacuation policies, They also do not allow the children to leave the scholls with anyone other than a parent or legal gaurdian, Unless otherwise informed by the school ,On a few occasions when I have collected them from the school or brought them to school my sisters have had to notify the staff of the school in person that someone else will be collecting the child, And they have asked me for confirmation of who I am before letting the child leave with me ,
I hope your friends child is found and returned to her unharmed xxxdk
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh god, how irrespossible surely the schools should have a policy of moving the kids elsewhere until the parents can collect them, what would have happened in the case of a fire
Enjoy tomorrow's fireworks thought hun.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Apparently some of the children went home with 'a child minder', not their child minder just somebody's. So the child minder has 7 children in tow and the parents just have to find out where the children are!
My friend is going mad as her son is apparently at this person's house in the evacuation zone, which is where she lives too but can't get in. She is furious.

I grew up in Ascot, in Broadmoor Mental Hospital's vicinity and every monday the siren goes off. If it goes off any other time you know you'll have to stay in school as someone has escaped, and won't be allowed home until someone you know gets you with parents permission.... and that was 30 years ago so why they haven't got an evacuation procedure now I don't know.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:09 PM
So does she know now who this person with all 7 kids is yet then Becky?? I'd be absolutely livid! If not, does any other parent of any of the 7 know who this person is??? If not, then the police must be contacted surely? It's not on that somebody nobody knows has got 7 kids in their house, totally out of order I'd say! Crazy isn't it, I mean it's not as if this is a terrorist plot or something sudden, it's only a bomb on the beach and it's been there for 50 years so why all the panic of people going off with other people's kids like this? They should have got themselves organised properly, not in all this panic which has ended up like this. We often had unexploded bombs found on Brighton beach and sometimes they never even went off even with the bomb disposal team This poor woman must be going frantic, so I hope she gets to find her child and soon, otherwise it's the police, and they'll say they're busy won't they!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:14 PM
No it was other children that went home with the childminder, seems like the school just panicked and sent kids home with whoever would have them! Her son went home with a boy whom she knows only by his first name as her son has mentioned him, she doesn't know his mum, their address or anything.... and of course the school is now closed so no one can tell her.
She lives on an estate that was being shut off, only apparently that's where the other boy lives so she has no idea.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:17 PM
She could start ringing round to his other friends and see if any of those know this lad and his mum? Got to mention this to the police though, coz he might be gone all night Perish the thought, can you imagine what she'll be going through!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:20 PM
She was in a right panic when she rang us to say the school kept calling her to pick up her son.... but the police had blocked the road and wouldn't let anyone in, so you can imagine what she was like when she finally got past the roadblock to find he'd gone.

They could all be sleeping at the sports centre tonight anyway.
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Hard to say from the photo, but it dont look like a bomb to me. I hope its not!

Nav
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Hard to say from the photo, but it dont look like a bomb to me. I hope its not!

Nav
As its been identified by the Royal Navy bomb disposal unit, I think we can assume its definitely a bomb
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >