Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 07:50 AM

It's not fair

On Saturday, I got to my shop, and saw my front door - someone had decided to kick the glass, and it had shattered the whole thing - luckily it was still in the door, so no one had got inside.

We phoned the police, who took all the details, and said they would check the CCTV camcea that is across the road (it's one of those on a tall mast).
She came into the shop in the afternoon...sorry, it wasn't caught on CCTV, because (even though the camera is on my road, which is a square of shops), it doesn't face your square or any of the shops there, so we have no hope in hell of catching who did it.

We know the co-op (3 doors up) has a CCTV camera, thats excellent, but the police won't ask them if they can view it

I phoned my insurance, who arranged for someone to come and board it up for the weekend.
This morning i've had the call to say they will arrange for it to be repaired today or tomorrow, but I have to pay the excess, which is £250

It's not fair, some idiot kicked my door and badly damaged it, but i'm the one who has to pay for it

I've not been in business a year yet, and it seems like someone doesn't want me to make it (the attack wasn't targetted btw, more like a drunked idiot).
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Now I know how that feels, when I had my shop in Essex, I suffered vandalism had every window and my door in my shop smashed costing me about £1000 a time to replace, they even managed to smash through inch thick laminated glass. I gave up in the end, wasn't worth the grief.
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:09 AM
hun would it cost 250 to replace?

could you not go to Alty's or something to get some glass and beading yourself?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:11 AM
ps:
Id kill the little scrote if i ever got him!
there is a hairdressers down my road who every weekend one of her windows is smashed! she almost went broke constantly fixing them ....
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:12 AM
So sorry for you. Its rotten when something like this happens, and you are left to bear the financial cost of someone's stupidity . Shame there isn't a vandal proof glass
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
So sorry for you. Its rotten when something like this happens, and you are left to bear the financial cost of someone's stupidity . Shame there isn't a vandal proof glass
i think there is somewhere like bullet proof glass but costs about £1000 a sq mtr!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 10:01 AM
So sorry to hear this. Could you ask the Co-op (or are you not allowed) sometimes the excess is steep isn't it, especially when your just in the early months of business. Hugs to you hun
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Sorry, Hev. Mindless vandals at work.......

x0x
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear this . . . . lets hope that the next one they do cuts their leg sooo badly that they have to get it amputated . . .Bloody difficult to kick in a window or door with only one leg I imagine . . . !!!!!! . . . sorry all I might sound callous but this is just mindless vandalism . . . .
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry to hear this.

I agree with Youngstevie - it must be worth asking the Co-op (if you haven't already) whether they would have a quick look at their tapes for you. If they do see anything, it should then be possible for you to insist that the police look at it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >