View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
puremagic*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2008, 02:55 PM
All my mini schnauzers have been called after gemstones, I still have Pearl.
The Rottweilers have been human names, Jack, Tom, Morag, Chloe, Helga, Ted, Fraser, Dylan, George, Our first was Gem, the only one not a human name, but thats how I started off the gemstone thing with the mini's.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 03:48 PM
My basenjis are called

FIJI because her show name is Zande Feleji, (I call her Feleji if she is in trouble) but more commonly Flea

KIA because I liked it, also known as Ki Ki Dee or princess

RUFUS named after his father, also known as Rupert bear

CHICO because it suited him, also known as Cheeks or Cheeky cheeks.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Poppy - because we always called my grandad Pop and I wanted his memory to live on.
Hopefull
New Member!
Female 

12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Gandalf - his breeder came up with the name as his KC name is grey wizard

Storm - not just as she acts like one but her KC name grey sky ( though god only knows how many times her name changed on the 4 hour journey to get her lol )

Maverick - I wanted magnum as i was going for hunky 80s tv star, then my mum bought home the ice cream so i went off that idea, went with maverick after Top Gun / wild west gangster

Jadis was Jadis before she was a twinkle in her daddys eye, lol shes a real witch so it suits

Keighley was from keighley road, i wanted vadar after my girl but my mum said its a boys name

Anya - was a relative in a pedigree, but its also according to my mother ( how much i should listen to her after car keys are found in the fridge i dont know ) it was santas wife.

lol

x
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Name of the husky in Lost Boys.
The name of the Husky in the old B&W film, "Nanook of the North"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanook_of_the_North

Flippin' 'eck, I knew it was an old film, but 1922 is a bit on the ancient side!

Snorri
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
When i got my first rescue cat she was named patti so i kept it and ending up with Patti, Peppermint, Charlie, snoopy and peanuts all the charlie brown gang,
when we got shila her eyes were orange and shila means flame
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Freddie - we couldn't decide, daughter liked George, hubby and I liked Murphy or Benson but Lauren our daughter didn't like those names so we all decided on Freddie

Mya - well she was supposed to be called Ellie but it didn't suit her and we'd watched a film with huskies on and one was called Mya, we liked the name so that was that.

Della (RIP) was named after a girl in Eastenders, we liked the name so that was that.

4dogsandababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Honey - Was going to be Holly but just didn't suit her so some how turned into Honey.

Missy - Don't know where I got the name from but was a toss up between Missy and Jet.....my o/h decided Missy.

Narla - I got her name from Disney's The Lion King Always liked the name since I was little!
Dan&Axel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Crystalcreek Nico's Dream ( Pet Name Axel )

Nico's Dream - Axel's breeders first mal was called Nico and when he went to the bridge she sent up a promise to him that Star's ( Axel Mum) first born boy would be name after him

Axel - we had loads of names picked and couldn't decided on any of them on our way to Aviemore to collect him we couldn't get radio reception in the car, so Scott dug out this really old tape from the back of the glove box. First song that came on was the theme tune to Beverley Hills Cop. Me and Scott looked at each other and SHOUTED AXEL and the rest is history.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Miss Cristys Mosi oa Tunya

Tun for short

Tunyaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! for naughty.

Boyf was brought up in zambia and we both had dobes as youngsters and said we would always get 2 boys 'one day' and I said we should call one 'Mosi oa' and the other 'Tunya' after the locals name for Victoria Falls.

I was advised against 2 at the same time so after many months of waiting and having my name down on 3 litters for a black and tan boy by the stud dog boyf had fallen in love with I managed to secure one, and arranged with his breeder for him to be registered as above (he was a surprise birthday present for my boyf).

It means 'smoke that thunders'
Page 11 of 46 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »