Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 07:53 PM

M.I.L bad news

we had been away for a few days and left her in the capable hands of her carer. and the distric nurses, and all was well. then on the saturaday we get a call shes had a fall, fractured her hip!! so up the hosp we go and i ask her how did she do it?? going shopping she sez er we do her shopping.all she had to do was ask, also she has probs walking around her bunglaow. so what was she doing. also she went the wrong way. and then she has a fall.
so now shes in hosp awaiting an op to either plate her hip or a partail replacement 1. so just a case of wait n see what happens now.
im hoping that we can keep social services away as they caused so much problems last time. we will arrange extra cover with her carer, and go in more often ect.
jeeze what is it with old ladies?? im determined to grow old DIS-gracefully. shes determined to grow old and cause as much mayhem as poss.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 07:53 PM
p.s im so tired
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
aww, I'm sorry

Helen
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 09:19 PM
What age is she, poor lady. Ust be in a lot of pain with her hip x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Poor lady. A broken hip is a serious injury and very painful.

What problems did Social Services cause for you?
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I think the trouble is when you get older you still want and think you can carry on as you always did when you were younger. It's hard to give up that part of your life and admit finally that you are completely reliant on other people for pretty much every aspect of your life. It's a horrible, scarey thought and you wonder just how you got to be in this state - I hope when I do get to that age 90 years from now......yea right..........that I can get my head around the fact that trying to be so independent can cause problems for both myself and everyone around me. Will I get my head around it? I don't know.........maybe.....
In the meantime hugs for you and your MIL. It's s......ty getting old and s.....ty dealing with the collateral damage...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Nobody likes to admit that simple tasks defeat them. She was probably very proud of herself for managing to get out to the shops before the fall.

Bless her, I hope she's soon on the mend and that you find the extra strength you're going to need over the coming weeks to help her to get better xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 11:24 PM
You cannot lock them up as much as you want to
But take this opportunity to get a little recharge of your batteries.

Hope she is not in to much discomfort.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Well my mum is 92 & still likes to do bits and bobs around the house,her mobility is poor but it doesn't stop her trying.

It's human nature to keep "trying" and attempting to keep as independent as possible.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Kath been there done that and because mum would keep insisting she could do things she couldn't and is now in a home and her house has to go on the market today to pay for her care.

Try to convince your MIL this is what happens when their brain won't accept their body can no longer manage it. Mum is in the biggest sulk ever and won't mix and takes all her meals in her room but she put herself there not us we put everything in place well I did mostly to keep her in her home.

When I get 5 minutes I am going to write a diary so hopefully I do not give my sons the bother I have had over the years. Mostly the last two with my sister up A&E for hours get her patched for her to do it again a few days later. I know my sons would not put up with all the messing around my mum has done.

I hope she recopvers soon and take care of yourself.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >