View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Good luck Nippy - I know how hard it must be, having watched my husband trying to lose weight for such a long time, but then he has no real incentive other than to be able to put on his waistcoat!

You can do it, I know you can, and don't forget all those things that make you think you are eating something wonderful......garlic, herbs, chilli. Quorn may be tasteless on it's own, but add all those plus a tin of tomatoes and a stock cube, and voila you have something gorgeous to put on a small portion of wholegrain rice, or pasta, with very little calories. Don't try to live on salad, or you will find it hard to stick to the diet -halve the portions of some things that you love and cut out the worst altogether.

The very best of good luck to you, the end result will be worth it.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Good luck I cannot diet at all as soon as I say the word diet I feel hungry Xx
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 10:36 PM
good luck! I'm a proper junk fiend but there are some really yummy 'healthy' recipes i know if you want me to share some?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2012, 05:21 AM
I lost 4 stone following Slimming World. It's one of the easiest regimes ever, and I was never hungry once.

I have to admit to putting on 9lbs since October last year, and despite trying (and failing) many times, I'm still trying to shift it.

x0x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2012, 08:12 AM
You lot are bloomin marvellous

Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Granny Nippy...

I have lost 12lbs in the last 11 weeks by calorie counting, using the weightlossresources.co.uk website.

I haven't felt particularly 'on a diet', or deprived of anything. In fact, for tea last night we had smoked haddock in a cheese and chive sauce, dauphinoise potatoes with gruyere and garlic, and caramel carte d'or ice cream for dessert. I was still within my calories for the day.

I've lost 2 dress sizes in that time and feel fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I've had days where I've felt down, or I've eaten too many calories, but overall, I feel much more in control of my eating etc.
I am doing it (hopfully) by counting calories

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Granny Nippy - you can do it! But don't forget diet isn't everything. If you need to, you can borrow Louie, he'll walk for miles if Pepsi won't
Lo thats the trouble at the moment I can't walk far

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Good luck Nippy - I know how hard it must be, having watched my husband trying to lose weight for such a long time, but then he has no real incentive other than to be able to put on his waistcoat!

You can do it, I know you can, and don't forget all those things that make you think you are eating something wonderful......garlic, herbs, chilli. Quorn may be tasteless on it's own, but add all those plus a tin of tomatoes and a stock cube, and voila you have something gorgeous to put on a small portion of wholegrain rice, or pasta, with very little calories. Don't try to live on salad, or you will find it hard to stick to the diet -halve the portions of some things that you love and cut out the worst altogether.

The very best of good luck to you, the end result will be worth it.
Great tips

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Good luck I cannot diet at all as soon as I say the word diet I feel hungry Xx
I know I'm starving!

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
good luck! I'm a proper junk fiend but there are some really yummy 'healthy' recipes i know if you want me to share some?
Mmmm please
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I lost 4 stone following Slimming World. It's one of the easiest regimes ever, and I was never hungry once.

I have to admit to putting on 9lbs since October last year, and despite trying (and failing) many times, I'm still trying to shift it.

x0x
I know Vicki, I keep thinking of you
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 05:07 PM
sorry forgot about this thread! this is what me and my sister are having tonight, but with veggie sausages, obvo normal ones are fine, we just don't eat meat. It's really filling by itself, but a bit of pasta or some potatoes might be good?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sa...rolewith_82366

lots of veg stir frys.
Soup! my favourites are Leek and potato and Spicy sweet potato. Both soooo easy to make from scratch too.
my usual lunch is a wrap with humous, mixed peppers and mixed leaves, which is SO nice, and fairly healthy!
Baked salmon with lots of different sides, like leeks and different veg?
Tarka Dahl instead of curry? It's lentils and a bit extra in a slightly spiced garlicy tomato sauce. So easy to make!

Have you looked at the cook yourself thin recipes on channel 4 website. It's lots of low fat alternatives to currys/chillies/lasanges etc.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm trying to lose about 12lbs atm so not far off you! I've been using the myfitnesspal app on my iphone to calorie count and it seems to be helping. I had no idea how many calories I was consuming before using the app and my potion sizes were ridiculous The website has a forum as well which is really good for tips and tricks and the before and after section is a great motivator. Good luck, you can do it and you'll feel great afterwards (at least, that's what I've been telling myself when I start craving naughty things)!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Thought I would give you an update, it seems to help keep me on track to discuss it

In 2 weeks I have lost 2.5kg not too bad I suppose but it's incredibly slow.

My Grand-daughter has visited today with the baby. She thought she would bring me a "treat" ...... a doughnut!!! I thanked her very much and asked if she would mind if I kept it 'til later. Hubby can have it for tea!

Everyone else who is struggling, good luck I hope you are doing well
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Keep at it!! I've now lost a stone since April by calorie counting... slow and steady is the best way!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Granny Nippy - slow and steady is the best way, as it will stay off easier......

2.5 kgs in two weeks is a brilliant loss

Go you!

x0x
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >