Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by weevle21 View Post
Now thats a much better way of explaining it and that's the sort of thing i have personally been unhappy about (the stuck up few who seem stuck in a bubble and not really caring for their dogs outside of the ring-meaning the ones i saw in cages in the sun with no water)
But these peopel can be anyone it is not restricted to show people

Like I said, people leave common sense at home sometimes when they go for a day out, it is not exclusive to show people.

How do you know the person standign next to you is a serious show exhibitor when they dotn speak to you,

How do you know that their dog may not like getting its bum sniffed by other dogs, why the assumption that they have to be show people
weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
But how do you know they are show people - there are some people who travel and do companion shows all over and take it far to seriously - in all areas people can be snooty. At agility some may talk to you in the queue - some may not - some are rude to the people who are running it and some aren't. That's just people!
At no point have i said 'show people'. I am talking about people being serious or snooty when showing not that they are show people. I think this is where people are getting annoyed with posts by assuming we are tarring everyone with the same brush when we are not
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Because when you are at a fun dog show and you and your dog are having fun, there are some (NOTALL) people who are very serious with their showing, who won't join in conversations or who push your dog away when they want a sniff (as you say just being a dog) at theirs. It's a bit like feeling under dressed at a posh dinner.
The time i don't really think it is fair is when there is a show that has the KC classes first (which is fine) but then the dogs from those classes then enter all the fun classes from the same show (which seems unnfair
At no point have i said 'show people'. I am talking about people being serious or snooty when showing not that they are show people. I think this is where people are getting annoyed with posts by assuming we are tarring everyone with the same brush when we are not
Sorry, but from the tone of your posts above, you can understand why one gets the impression that its the serious show exhibitor, your disdain was directed at!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I
feel very sad that when someone starts a thread asking peoples opinions it suddenly turns into an outright attack on one person with a different opinion.

Surely the world would be boring if we all had the same opinion. I am inclined to agree with different bits of people's post but i don't agree with this attack on rune.

Surely if anyone, you should attack me because it was me that started the first post about this (oh, that's right a lot of people did that anyway) but it is just an opinion and a discussion after all.

If it carries on here like it has been i don't think i'll bother with this forum. I thought it was meant to be interesting and interactive not just another breeding ground for bullies
Sorry you feel like that, but if you read the thread again, you will see the only who was rude on this thread was Rune herself.

Dont expect others not to react to such rudeness.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Because when you are at a fun dog show and you and your dog are having fun, there are some (NOTALL) people who are very serious with their showing, who won't join in conversations or who push your dog away when they want a sniff (as you say just being a dog) at theirs.
It's a bit like feeling under dressed at a posh dinner.
What rubbish! Its your responsibility to control your dog in ANY public place and not let it interfere with other peoples dogs! What "fun" would it be if the dog that was being "sniffed" turned around and bit your dog because its owner was too bust talking with another person and not paying attention? Would that be ok because they WERE conversing and not being snobby?

I witnessed a very serious attack on a golden retriever by somebody who likes to let their dogs sniff others, it left it with about an inch of ear! That was a "fun" show, but not for that dog!
weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry, but from the tone of your posts above, you can understand why one gets the impression that its the serious show exhibitor, your disdain was directed at!!
No it's the people who blanket every single class with one or more dogs, being very snotty towards others and getting clearly stroppy when they storm out of the ring with no rosettes or when they get given 4th or 5th. That's what my aversion is to.

To be honest some people may think of me as a 'show person' as people think mine is a pedigree when she is a crossbreed, and also she is very good at standing still without me touching her. Though there are also some that say ' you can't enter her with a harness' which i always do because she can be a puller when she's in that mood!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I dont think anyone is attacking, just defending the right to attend the shows that Rune does, that she has clearly said she wouldnt welcome us show folk to, and being a show organiser as she says, i find that very suprising. Im pretty sure if you re-read the posts it is not all one sided, Rune has given as good as she got I actually found a few of her comments incredibly rude, your first post didnt offend me, but when people were explaining why people would enter their show dogs and how things are done, then the defensive comments started about how show dogs shouldnt be welcome.

I cant see any bullying on either side, just two very opposing views from people who may never agree. I will continue taking my youngsters and oldies to our local companion shows whether people like it or not
What is it about people who can't read?

I clearly wrote out what is in the schedule for the latest show. Did you miss that?

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
wow how silly can some people get huh? Spelling Is a real Issue for you Rune...

You have to many e's In breeds! on your profile...Ok!
Thank you for bothering to read my profile----I'll maybe change it if I get time. Upper case letters are an issue as well but no matter LOL.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Because when you are at a fun dog show and you and your dog are having fun, there are some (NOTALL) people who are very serious with their showing, who won't join in conversations or who push your dog away when they want a sniff
and thats has nothing to do with what level they compete at!
Its just people In general. Their not doing you any harm, just choose not to get involved In convos with strangers... Big deal
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Well, i explained why I would want to. In order to support my local shows and charities I care about and at the same time gets my oldies and non-show dogs out and about and joining in with the showdogs that they wouldnt normally get to do. To me they are just pets and in no way show dogs, but maybe to someone like you who saw me grooming them, having a ring clip and handling "correctly" you may see them a different way.

I would much rather get my young pups trained at a more relaxed show where you havent got to worry about who is seeing your pup misbehave And also i would rather have them having been to at least one show before putting them into a show where points are on offer for certain titles as they are in Open Shows.

As you clearly posted, the shows welcome every dog - purebred or cross. Why should you feel it ok to discriminate against show dogs?

Many of our local companion/fun shows have other activities on offer - obedience, agility, scurries. My SHOW dogs also enjoy having a go at that too (with varying degrees of success ), by entering them in those fun things as well as the show classes the charity are getting double the money they would have if i just did the obedience/agility/scurry.

This entire thread does just come across as sour grapes cos you (and others) have been beaten by dogs who were presented better That is what dog showing is about - get over it!!
I DON'T ENTER MY DOGS (once in the last two years and mine looked like the only pedigree!)---HOW MANY TIMES CAN I WRITE IT????

What don't you understand about that?

rune
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »