View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm one of the 'snobby' ones who doesn't allow other dogs near mine in the ring unless I know the owner and the temprement of the dog. The very time I did take my eyes off Blu for 2 seconds at a fun show he got attacked. The dog that had attacked him had got first place aswell so I didn't agree with it getting first as it was showing bad temprement towards a dog walking by it at heel. Not sour grapes or anything because Blu got placed and also got first in another class full of older dogs.

So I'd rather stay a snobby show person in the ring and know my dog is under control than talking to anyone and everyone around me while my dog is doing goodness knows what. And that could lead me onto the junior handling classes where small kids are taking in out of control behaved dogs. Another incident where Blu got attacked because he was just sitting and a 4/5yr old walked by with an aggressive greyhound
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Did you read what I wrote? Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you ACTUALLY not understanding the written word?

I have a pedigree myself so hardly biased-----except that you wrote that I am so in spite of what is on our schedules I must be.

rune
Yes I ACTUALLY did read what you wrote,

You wrote all dogs welcome ,

You wrote Fun shows are no place for second rate show dogs

You wrote, you only appoint judges who spread the placing around

Which translates into... ALL dogs welcome, but the second rate show dogs, we only want your money, because the judge we appoint is going to spread the rosettes around, ignoring the fact , said dog may just be the deserving winner, but because its a pedigree, and may be a show dog, and the judge has already given a pedigree a rosette, the placing is going to go to the mutt at the end of the line

A good unbiased "fun show you run there!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 05:58 PM
If it is a KC show can you report aggressive incidents?

If not what is the point of the KC allowing them?

Not being funny----just interested as I know you can report aggression at other shows the KC oversee.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes I ACTUALLY did read what you wrote,

You wrote all dogs welcome ,

You wrote Fun shows are no place for second rate dogs

You wrote, you only appoint judges who spread the placing around

Which translates into... ALL dogs welcome, but the second rate show dogs, we only want your money, because the judge we appoint is going to spread the rosettes around, ignoring the fact , said dog may just be the deserving winner, but because its a pedigree, and may be a show dog, and the judge has already given a pedigree a rosette, the placing is going to go to the mutt at the end of the line

A good unbiased "fun show you run there!!
LOL. I thought you'd given up---well done on carrying on with the dance.

No translations are needed. What I wrote was that we didn't want show judges who judged classes like 'handsomest dog' by looking at how well the dog is shown.

I said I LIKED judges who spread the rosettes around and that we tried to use dog wardens/vet nurses or similar. I have NO say in their decisions----they are the judges. If they want to spread them around that is great if not it is their decision as judges.

You are very good at either twisting words or not reading them.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes and the dog can be banned from entering any more shows, and have stops put on registering off spring.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:18 PM

If not what is the point of the KC allowing them?

Not being funny----just interested as I know you can report aggression at other shows the KC oversee.

rune
I thought you would of know that you can Lynn (without and E) You put your money where your mouth is and address problems you think need addressing.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:34 PM
But why do they put an aggressive dog in that situation to start with ? Or would it be a case of of,Oh he/she has never done that before and or the possibility of a rosette

I wouldn't dream of taking Meg,she would be way out of her comfort zone.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:43 PM
hmm makes you wonder doesnt It Sal! Although sometimes the judges are so rough. I saw a puff attack a judge once at a champ show, and have to say If I was a dog and was being handled like that I would have had his hand off aswell - ended In the handler giving the judge a right mouthful, and charging out the ring. Many people complained that day about the judge.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
But why do they put an aggressive dog in that situation to start with ? Or would it be a case of of,Oh he/she has never done that before and or the possibility of a rosette

I wouldn't dream of taking Meg,she would be way out of her comfort zone.
I think the fancy rossettes normaly have something to do with it I actually can't believe how many times Blu has been attacked at fun shows. It's always pet people who have no control over their dogs. One was sitting at the ring entrance and every dog that went in the ring it went for but no one said anything.. It ended up winning 'best condition'

I take Cheeko along to fun shows when I think he isn't going to be grumpy but even when we are there and if I touch his ear or a cyst and it bothers him that's it. No classes because someone or a dog could touch him the wrong way, causes pain and he could give them a nip or something. Anyway he has earned enough rossettes over his 9 years so no point in doing it for that
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I thought you would of know that you can Lynn (without and E) You put your money where your mouth is and address problems you think need addressing.
Now why couldn't you just have answered politely? If I had known I wouldn't have asked.

It is ages since I did companion shows in any way shape or form---I steer clear of the KC whenever possible.

It is a shame people don't do more reporting if the aggression is that bad at the companion shows and is seems a lot of people have seen it and suffered from it.

I thought it might be difficult as the dogs wouldn't be registered.

rune
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >