Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oh Lord!

What channel?
Tbh as I was just channel flicking when I found it I'm not entirely sure what it was on , but it was on one of the four channels, unfornatly its not on 4OD though I did a quick google but here is a 4OD link to it

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/u...es-1/episode-2

Although all it really says is this,

In May 2010, on a balmy summer night, east Londoners Pauline and Nick Koupparis heard a noise from their twin baby girls' room. They were horrified to find a fox in the cot and the two girls covered in blood. The fox fled and the parents rushed their babies to hospital, where one remained for 12 days.

Film maker Riete Oord has been filming foxes for three years in Hackney, the borough where the attack took place. In this film, she examines the issue that is dividing the suburbs: whether the urban vulpes vulpes is a welcome reminder of the countryside and an asset to every back garden or a dangerous menace.
So I think from that its been known for a while about the issues that foxes can cause, and it was going to be highlighted by this showing, but it got highlighted in such a more horrific way
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Tbh as I was just channel flicking when I found it I'm not entirely sure what it was on , but it was on one of the four channels, unfornatly its not on 4OD though I did a quick google but here is a 4OD link to it

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/u...es-1/episode-2

Although all it really says is this,

So I think from that its been known for a while about the issues that foxes can cause, and it was going to be highlighted by this showing, but it got highlighted in such a more horrific way
See, the press don't help with these things either.

According to the parents it was June, not May. The fox was on the floor, not in a cot. The fox stood it's ground, it didn't flee. One of the babies was in intensive care for 12 days as a result of the mother giving it milk in the ambulance.

So many inconsistencies make it impossible to know what to believe.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Haven't managed to read all the replies yet but wanted to give my pov on the story.

I find it very hard to believe this story. I'm not saying it wasn't a fox, in fact it looks like it must have been and as the parents refused a DNA test being carried out I guess we'll never know. What I am saying is that I find it very hard to believe it was a fox, especially one that chose to bypass left over BBQ in a downstairs kitchen, creep up two flights of stairs, past a loud TV and 3 humans, into a room where there were two sleeping babies. It then jumped into on cot, mauled one baby, moved into the other to do the same, also trying to pull it's arm through the cot bars and THEN the humans heard it all?

So odd. My instincts say something is not right and I will stand by that.

I also am disgusted at the knee jerk reaction in killing 6 foxes, just in case. Barbaric behaviour imo! One of them was even thought to have cubs nearby but I don't know this for a fact.

I also think the parents are vile. It reminds me of Madeleine McCann all over again. The story doesn't seem quite right, yet the parents are all over the press. Mrs Koupparis gave an interview the next day, dressed up and chatting away to the press. I would be beside myself with fear and would not leave my babies side!!

So, was it a fox, or not? We'll never know, but those without a voice and the ability to defend themselves are taking the blame anyway.

You know Pidge, I always gave you credit for being one of the most compassionate people on this forum, but after a statement like that ......"I think the parents are vile" I have to rethink it!!

Are you saying they are vile simply because they (she ) happened to be seem as "dressed up" the next day human nature is a funny old thing Pidge, and let me tell you something, my sister in law lost her 15 yr old son a couple of yrs ago, inwardly and out of the public eye, you would never have guessed, the very next day she appeared in public to do what she had to do, with her hair washed and set, her make up on, and dressed as she normally would, but I guess going by your statement, you would also consider her "vile" because she did not show her feelings.

Its amazing that so many can judge these people without any hard evidence, as has already been said, no none of us where there, and with that in mind it seems some of us , just dont want to beleive anything other than foul play by the parents.

I am no expert, but one thing I am sure of is, that if those parents where remotely suspected of harming their children, we would have heard about it by now,

Doctors /police /wildlife experts,,,, all involved, and funny enough not one of them has said, it was anything other that what it is..

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I watched it last night,

I do believe the kids were attacked by a fox, the only part that I find strange is the time it took for the parents to get to the kids { or maybe foxes just do a lot of damage in a very short space of time}

I did find it concerning that the urban fox has a life expectancy of 15 months where as there country cousins can expect 8 years. Clearly city living is not working for foxes, One of those foxes captured was riddled with mange,
I also found it a tad concerning that people could state if the foxes caught should be killed or taken away to the 'country' and set free, would an urban fox really be able to adapt quickly enough to survive?

I feel so sorry for the parents of these children, so many horrid things have been said about them.

the photos on the tv last night did look like an animal attack to me, but im no expert,
Though I would think the medical experts involved would have quickly spotted injury's not consistent with the story, that and the police investigating it would have soon spotted anything out of the norm.

Dawn.......I was also very impressed with the accuracy of that marks man, I have to say, hes the best I have seen.

I agree Shona, lets berate the parents, God knows , we would not want to blame a wild animal would we!!!

What was on TV last night?
What you never saw it, but yet you can accuse the parents as being vile
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I'll go with the parents!

I find it actually quite easy to believe them---why on earth should they lie?

Obviously the kids were bitten by something. 2 floors of stairs could take a little while to get up---especially if you weren't rushing to start with---which you wouldn't really be.

I missed the milk bit---why did the paramedics allow her to? Why was it that important not to?

rune
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
More 4 showed something last night. There was a pest controller who shot a dog fox and vixen who were lured to a lawn by meat. The property owner seemed surprised (when interviewed sometime later) that this had not solved anything and there were more foxes in his garden- a total lack of understanding of how foxes live and how animals will move in to fill vacant territory.

I actually found the program slightly disturbing listening to both the pros and antis.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:49 PM
See, the press don't help with these things either.

According to the parents it was June, not May. The fox was on the floor, not in a cot. The fox stood it's ground, it didn't flee. One of the babies was in intensive care for 12 days as a result of the mother giving it milk in the ambulance.

So many inconsistencies make it impossible to know what to believe.
The media can make it seem like the parents say anything but there have been medical proffessionals looking after these two little girls, and as far as I know non of them have stood out and said that the injuries aren't consistant with a Fox attack, if there was any suspicion the police and Social Services would have been heavily involved, but so far I haven't seen or heard of the parents being under suspision for lying apart from people online who have not seen the children, and do not really know what happened.

There was footage in urban fox attack showing Foxes in homes, there is also other evidence of Foxes entering homes, thats undeniable, Foxes are wild, well some Urban seem more feral, then wild and part domisicated to me, but because of us, and because of how Foxes behave (frenzied killing), I think its more believable for it to be a Fox attack as both children were harmed by personnally, its like with chickens, its never just one harmed, a Fox will do as much damage in as short a time as possible, its what they are.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You know Pidge, I always gave you credit for being one of the most compassionate people on this forum, but after a statement like that ......"I think the parents are vile" I have to rethink it!!

Are you saying they are vile simply because they (she ) happened to be seem as "dressed up" the next day human nature is a funny old thing Pidge, and let me tell you something, my sister in law lost her 15 yr old son a couple of yrs ago, inwardly and out of the public eye, you would never have guessed, the very next day she appeared in public to do what she had to do, with her hair washed and set, her make up on, and dressed as she normally would, but I guess going by your statement, you would also consider her "vile" because she did not show her feelings.

Its amazing that so many can judge these people without any hard evidence, as has already been said, no none of us where there, and with that in mind it seems some of us , just dont want to beleive anything other than foul play by the parents.

I am no expert, but one thing I am sure of is, that if those parents where remotely suspected of harming their children, we would have heard about it by now,

Doctors /police /wildlife experts,,,, all involved, and funny enough not one of them has said, it was anything other that what it is..

I agree Shona, lets berate the parents, God knows , we would nto wont to blame a wild animal would we!!!

What you never saw it, but yet you can accuse the parents as being vile
Noooo, I never saw last night's show. I saw the Panorama one though.

OK, vile is perhaps abit harsh but I do think they have been VERY over the top with all the press statements and interviews they have given.

I don't think they did it, not at all as as you say the evidence is there, but I am very confused at the amount of inconsistencies I have heard from her own mouth from the first radio interview she gave on Vanessa Feltz to the Panorama show.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:58 PM

OK, vile is perhaps abit harsh but I do think they have been VERY over the top with all the press statements and interviews they have given.

I don't think they did it, not at all as as you say the evidence is there, but I am very confused at the amount of inconsistencies I have heard from her own mouth from the first radio interview she gave on Vanessa Feltz to the Panorama show.
Have you also thought that she could of still had shock herself and thats why their was so many inconsistencies, you say there it was her first radio interview (I don't know if she had done any other types of interview before that), she could of still been inwardly trying to cope with it all, yes to the outside she might of looked calm and collected, but what about any inner stress that she was having, she had witnessed her children being attacked by a Fox, she may of had a brave front, but we have no idea how she was feeling, which could of meant that she wasn't thinking straight and things came out muddled, if she herself was still trying to process what she saw, how do you expect her to be able to convey exactly what she saw to anyone else?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Have you also thought that she could of still had shock herself and thats why their was so many inconsistencies, you say there it was her first radio interview (I don't know if she had done any other types of interview before that), she could of still been inwardly trying to cope with it all, yes to the outside she might of looked calm and collected, but what about any inner stress that she was having, she had witnessed her children being attacked by a Fox, she may of had a brave front, but we have no idea how she was feeling, which could of meant that she wasn't thinking straight and things came out muddled, if she herself was still trying to process what she saw, how do you expect her to be able to convey exactly what she saw to anyone else?
So she should have stayed away from the media. I do not agree with people immediately turning to the press and telling their story every way, every place right after it happened. Especially if it means that lives are to be affected as a result, the foxes lives.

Does anyone know what the little boy who was bitten by a fox at nursery looks like? No. That's because the family got on with it and the father released a single statement saying that his son had frightened a fox, which nipped him but that everything is fine and he doesn't feel it needs any further discussion. That is how to responsibly handle something like this.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2010, 05:05 PM

What inconsistencies.??

She went upstairs and saw the fox in the room, it stood its ground and had to be chased by the father. that what I have heard her say in all the interviews.

Lets look at the evidence shall we, whether you can see inconsistencies in their stories or not,

the children were attacked by an animal, they dotn have a dog, they saw a fox ( whether you believe it or not) but the evidence from the hospital is what counts, all professionals who have been involved, do not suspect the parents or any harm to the children by other human beings... (as has been suggested by some, their son wielding a weapon) if abuse was suspected, do you really think the parents would have those children back at home now!!!
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >