Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yes we go drag hunting, as ive said on other posts before that debate crops up again but it doesnt stop other wildlife being about when we are out.
Oh right, sorry I didn't know this had previously been discussed! Just the way you wrote that post talking about how the fox is killed, then mentioned the other week like it had just happened

As an OT question, does anyone know a good way to bleach skulls without using peroxide? Rather bizarrely my OH is attempting to do this with some fox skulls at the mo and he keeps asking me about it, like I have ever felt the need to bleach bones in the past
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Oh right, sorry I didn't know this had previously been discussed! Just the way you wrote that post talking about how the fox is killed, then mentioned the other week like it had just happened

As an OT question, does anyone know a good way to bleach skulls with using peroxide? Rather bizarrely my OH is attempting to do this with some fox skulls at the mo and he keeps asking me about it, like I have ever felt the need to bleach bones in the past
well i put on that i went hunting, and forgot to mention drag so everyone jumped on me i used to go before the ban, and i go out drag hunting now.

have no idea about bleaching skulls
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well i put on that i went hunting, and forgot to mention drag so everyone jumped on me i used to go before the ban, and i go out drag hunting now.

have no idea about bleaching skulls
drag hunting sounds like something I would enjoy
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 11:47 AM
drag hunting sounds like something I would enjoy
its good fun
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Do you enjoy the shooting, or the killing?

I'm sorry (well, no I'm not actually sorry) but I think anyone who kills for ENJOYMENT are the worst kind. It is the trait that makes me dislike the human race as a general group.

People on here are often horrified by the way some dogs are treated... sometimes by physical abuse, sometimes by being passed from pillar to post, being bred from continuous... yet, it seems to be much more acceptable to some, to kill a fox in a horrific way (fox hunting, not shooting).

Sometimes animals do need to be killed (even though I don't always agree with it), but it should be because it is needed, and not because it is enjoyed.
Do you dislike cats? orcas? as a general group because they seem to take pleasure in killing?

I think I know the answer already.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Do you dislike cats? orcas? as a general group because they seem to take pleasure in killing?

I think I know the answer already.
my cat always kills for enjoyment, very rarely does she eat what she kills.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
People choose not to look at the bigger picture Steve, always have. If they saw the MASSIVE increase of mange ridden animals, over population creeping further into towns etc.. and the REAL harm these animals do, they may think again. However they choose not to see any of it. Still Rats, Wasps etc.. all get slaughtered, trapped, poisoned, gassed etc.. why are they different?

I too enjoy shooting. Rough shooting. I njoy working the dogs too, I wont stop for peoples ignorance or blinkered view of the bigger picture. I have no hang ups with anything I do.
Because they're not cute, fluffy and dog like in their appearance.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:21 PM

As an OT question, does anyone know a good way to bleach skulls without using peroxide? Rather bizarrely my OH is attempting to do this with some fox skulls at the mo and he keeps asking me about it, like I have ever felt the need to bleach bones in the past
Try google

I'm sure the palaeontologist I know would have an answer...He's still...somewhere (lol) and won't be in the country for a couple weeks yet.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Try google

I'm sure the palaeontologist I know would have an answer...He's still...somewhere (lol) and won't be in the country for a couple weeks yet.
Wouldn't he be fossils not actual bones???

The recommended way to do it (i'm sure google would say the same) is 4% hydrogen peroxide, and he keeps pestering me to get some from the vet path labs i used to work in, but I can't be bothered, so was wondering if anyone had ever done it successfully another way (seems there are similar "hunting" type people on this thread

Anyway, back to fox hunting!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Wouldn't he be fossils not actual bones???

The recommended way to do it (i'm sure google would say the same) is 4% hydrogen peroxide, and he keeps pestering me to get some from the vet path labs i used to work in, but I can't be bothered, so was wondering if anyone had ever done it successfully another way (seems there are similar "hunting" type people on this thread

Anyway, back to fox hunting!
Depends how old the bones are and their state of preservation I presume.

He teaches anatomy and evolutionary biology, along with other things that make me think he'd have an answer, if there is one.

In other words, I don't think he just plays with dinosaurs and sabre toothed cats lol.

I'm going to have to ask him now, coz now I'm curious as to the answer.

What does your OH do that requires skull cleaning?

I've taken it further OT, oops.
Page 12 of 27 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »