Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 02:44 PM

All female household!

Not something I have ever really considered, I have 2 girls both of whom get along fantastically with each other and other dogs.

I am looking at adding a 3rd doglet to our household, and I have sent an application in to a rescue for another female, they asked me this morning if my girls are dominant as they are concerned about an all female household.

I held back on my "dominance theory" opinions, believing this was not the time or the place however I am curious as to what other dog wise people think about all female households?

I mean OBVIOUSLY I am in charge
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't have an all female household and even once I finally move out away from male family members and live alone, I'll always keep a male dog around. I like males far more than females. They seem to bond better with me, respond better, and are less "cuddly" in my opinion, as well.

Even other people's dogs, I always tend to favorite the males when I meet other dogs, even if I don't know the gender right off the bat. I also find that males tend to be healthier than females. I suppose if that's your thing - go for it! No problems from me at all.

P.S.
Will always keep a cat, as well. Only like female cats, males are too clingy and are harder to house train IMO. I don't like overly cuddly/snuggly animals, think that is obvious by now.

As for MEN. Have no opinion on them either way really. Don't dislike them, don't like them. Can say that I'll never live with another one once I move out of this current house unless my plans go horribly awry.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I only ever have female pets.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I don't have an all female household and even once I finally move out away from male family members and live alone, I'll always keep a male dog around. I like males far more than females. They seem to bond better with me, respond better, and are less "cuddly" in my opinion, as well.

Even other people's dogs, I always tend to favorite the males when I meet other dogs, even if I don't know the gender right off the bat. I also find that males tend to be healthier than females. I suppose if that's your thing - go for it! No problems from me at all.

P.S.
Will always keep a cat, as well. Only like female cats, males are too clingy and are harder to house train IMO. I don't like overly cuddly/snuggly animals, think that is obvious by now.

As for MEN. Have no opinion on them either way really. Don't dislike them, don't like them. Can say that I'll never live with another one once I move out of this current house unless my plans go horribly awry.
I am referring to all female households in the pet department... Mr M the poor B*ggar still lives here
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
I am referring to all female households in the pet department... Mr M the poor B*ggar still lives here

Hopefully he doesn't have any of the annoying constant cocking of the leg or testosterone display probs that some male dogs have!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I did catch him peeing in my garden last night when he took the girls out for their final pee seriously without me they would all go feral!!!!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post

Hopefully he doesn't have any of the annoying constant cocking of the leg or testosterone display probs that some male dogs have!
The temptation of neutering can sometimes be quite strong......
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
The temptation of neutering can sometimes be quite strong......
HA you are not wrong....

*wonders if any men will dare comment*
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I've got 3 females, was 4 until recently although I do also have 3 males. We never have any issues to be fair. All 3 of my females are entire too, they get on very well together considering the size difference, 2 are small and 1 is large. The large one has become very friendly towards the small ones since losing her best mate at the end of march, before that she tended to pretty much ignore them. Funnily enough the most dominant of the lot, males and females is one of the little females but she's also the most defensive of her flock, she's forever putting the others in their place and they just accept it.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Thanks TROUBLE that is the sort of info I was looking for.
Both my girls are stronger in certain areas, Daisy takes control of play, however Tilly takes control in new situations, they just get along, I have never had any issues with them.

They are both spayed and this one will be too, due to being a rescue, but I had never heard of any issues with all female households before.

Thanks again
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >