Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Simmo7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2013, 05:18 AM

Trudy is learning fast

Hi, I have now had Trudy for nearly 3 months. I have now got her trained in the following. Verbal command to "drop" before she gets a treat, Finger click and the word "Sofa" to make her go on the sofa whilst I am eating my meals so that she doesn't just sit and stare at me, waiting for some of my food (she is given her dinner before I get mine) and Finger click and "Bedtime" to get her to go straight in her bed, I also get her to sit before she comes inside (this seems to calm her down and stops her from dashing inside like a freight train. She is a very intelligent dog and it only takes a few goes to get her to understand what I want with each command. The Lost dogs home told me that she was 5 years old, but the way she plays and learns she seems to be more like a 2 year old - even the local vet agrees with this.