Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:06 PM

All hail the Gods

Not sure what is or has caused it and not wanting to tempt fate but - fireworks going off around here as bad if not worse than last night at this time really loud bangs and the whirring ones and Bella is on the armchair in the living room nearest the window and not a wide eye or pant in sight.......she is wearing her thunder shirt and has had two lots of the drops the "anxiety TFLN" and has just this moment put her head back down and gone to sleep - yes the CD's are on as a background like last night and the night before TV on upstairs and TV on in the living room. But all as before. Hope it carries on but even to this point it is a 100000% improvement.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I hope it lasts Kazz
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh brilliant So far...result
Other added thing I'd imagine( please don't shoot me) but maybe you are also a bit calmer,that could be rubbing off on her too. I notice it with Lacey,if I hear them go off in the background,I normally start feeling a bit stressed out,seems to set her off more.
Tonight we had fireworks pretty close by,I'm in one of my laid back,couldn't care less moods Apart from her ears going up every now and again,she was fine.No hiding under the table or crying when I left the room
I know Bella gets it real bad,so whatever works for her...Well Done You
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you Mini so do I I wonder if there is something for the nerves of the owners......not none alcoholic I do not drink.

Here she is just after the door went she did bark as normal but just jumped back on the armchair when she realised it was not a visitor to be "loved"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Oh brilliant So far...result
Other added thing I'd imagine( please don't shoot me) but maybe you are also a bit calmer,that could be rubbing off on her too. I notice it with Lacey,if I hear them go off in the background,I normally start feeling a bit stressed out,seems to set her off more.
Tonight we had fireworks pretty close by,I'm in one of my laid back,couldn't care less moods Apart from her ears going up every now and again,she was fine.No hiding under the table or crying when I left the room
I know Bella gets it real bad,so whatever works for her...Well Done You
Well I am not sure it was my nerves because I actually thought we were doing okay. But as I say I am on a learning curve with her albeit a sharp curve but I will learn enough to do her justice. She is a darling.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Wow what fantastic news Well done you and what a massive relief. She looks sooo cute in her thunder vest .... bless her. How lucky is she to have found you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Loving the thundershirt
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Bless her, well done Bella. Good on you too for you patience and love
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm so glad she's coping better. I couldn't be without Scooby's thundershirt!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 06:30 PM
She is worth every single ounce of everything.
I adored Sal with all my heart and it broke into a billion pieces when she died but Bella is finding all the pieces and putting them back together bit by bit into a Bella shaped heart which is every bit as good as a Sal shaped heart.

Yes I know she is a dog. but luckily for me she is mine.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >