View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi, Baxter. I HAVE mentioned her. Spoke about her background in some recent thread. She was not mentioned here because my mom got her from a random woman at her job and it was not relevant.

She and Nigredo are doing okay. He is larger than she is now, though I haven't been able to post any pics or videos of them. Very soon now! Yay!! She is in season now, happens once a year... but not nearly as crabby as she usually is. Weird.

They have settled in just fine and though they aren't really friends or pals, they don't mind being around each other. She is about 10 years old now... so always keep a close eye on her.

You'll be able to see them both in a week or two.

Onto the adopting dogs business...

They did a quick sweep about our house. We passed the poison test (already had pets, so of course), the escape test (secure windows and doors), and they checked the yard for dangerous plants and holes... and found none.

They did mention that the cat toys etc. would need to be picked up, that our fireplace was too dirty, and after they saw Jade (became an instant concern, of course)... they grilled me to ensure I knew how to handle introducing two dogs.

I assured them I knew what to do, had a muzzle for Jade, and a safe place they could be apart while they started to get used to each other. I showed video of Jade with Brownie to them and they believed that I could handle it, which I can and have.

They also sent him home with a basic health guarantee, promising no heart, lung, etc. disorders, a microchip and free service for life, a neuter (at 3 months ), three free vet visits, and treated all shelter prone illnesses such as a cold, giardia etc. for free.

Ordinarily it costs $150 for adoption fees, but if you order $75 bucks worth of shelter stuff from Amazon, you can cut your adoption fees in half. So it was a nice place.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Sounds brilliant to me!
Better making absolutely sure the dog has a good home plus the insurance of taking them back if things go to pot than just handing them out to anyone and washing their hands
I think you're right. It was complete crap having to go through all that... but it showed how much the shelter cared.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Tesco have now apologised apparently and offered to work with the Dogs Trust to promote their slogan "A dogs for Life....."
The only link I have is via FB which won't be allowed.
Good news.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3