View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
frankjames
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2013, 08:24 AM

Radio4 and 4extra instead of television.

When my TV packed up a couple of years ago I thought I'd leave it for a while. I occasionally watch something on iplayer or similar but can happily go for a week or morejust listening to some of the truly excellent programmes on Radio 4, and also if you have DAB Radio 4extra.

I'm not anti television by any means but you can have an excellent range of entertainment without one.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm always saying I'm going to start listening to Radio 4, but somehow always end up with the telly on if I'm sitting down or CDs playing if I'm cooking or whatever.

I know I'm missing out on a lot of good stuff!
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2013, 11:59 AM
We got rid of tv when realised you can watch it all minus expensive licence on all the channel players. plus the websites project free tv sidereel and couch tuner all show up to date programmes from any stations worldwide before they are even on channels in UK incl sky. and yes i too have discovered much radio since dumping tv....especially 6music and radio 4
frankjames
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the recs jantet - I watched an old show on coucher tuner, and am sure to be going back there. I still prefer the pictures on the radio though.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2013, 08:59 AM
That's spurred me on to investigate listening to the radio rather than watching TV. There is some good TV out there - but normally limited to about an hour per day, so for the other xxx hours per day (too embarrassed to admit) I'm watching absolute rubbish. thank you for posting - you've given me the jolt I needed.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Trouble is, I could never give up TV! (Pathetic I know). I mean, there's EastEnders, and there's a new series of Vera starting, and a new series of Whitechapel. And I think there's going to be something good starting on BBC to replace Top of the Lake (which was brilliant).

What a sad life I lead.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Trouble is, I could never give up TV! (Pathetic I know). I mean, there's EastEnders, and there's a new series of Vera starting, and a new series of Whitechapel. And I think there's going to be something good starting on BBC to replace Top of the Lake (which was brilliant).

What a sad life I lead.
Not as sad as sitting on the PC 24/7 (mmmmm wonder who does that then )
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Kind of you to say so - but I think I'm sadder! I forgot to mention that I am counting the days until Strictly Come Dancing starts....
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post

What a sad life I lead.
You can watch them all on iPlayers and save yourself £150 every 10 months

loved Too Of The Lake watched 1 episode per week on the iPlayer then discovered project free tv had the last 3 episodes so finished off whole series before episode 5 even broadcast on BBC then added to iPlayer
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by frankjames View Post
Thanks for the recs jantet - I watched an old show on coucher tuner, and am sure to be going back there. I still prefer the pictures on the radio though.
that was me not jantet

its the stuff that is even too knew for British basedtv and cable channels I use couch tuner for

unless its British made when it comes to tv and cinema t Britain is usual ly the last region in the world to get releases
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >