Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Start filling your freezer...
Absolutely Steve.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
yeah yet another alien species freed by man to predate our native wildlife....you cant blame any of the alien species , neither the cat,mink,grey squirrel,pheasant,red legged partridge etc etc.....its all down to mans ignorance, greed or stupidity that theyre here!
no you cant blame them some 'groups' cause more problems than do good.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its the "do gooders" that have caused the problems, now even though they have done it, they moan and complain about them being killed, and its the ones that are given the task of controlling them that are the cruel people!! Cant win! You think 50 thou' is a lot? It wasnt far off that many released HERE not too long ago.
Yes I think 50 thousand was a majour amount - and I understand its the 'do gooders' causing the problem and then being the ones to moan when the controlling is needed.
But like I said - I can see with certain wildlife there is a need for controlling, and its far nicer and fairer on the animal to shoot it instead of catching it, taking it somewhere to be pts by a vet - it just causes the animal to be stressed ect.

Maybe I havent been clear who knows, but from what I have been 'trying' to say its the trophey hunters I have a problem with. To me there is a different between the two
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
no you cant blame them some 'groups' cause more problems than do good.

Yes I think 50 thousand was a majour amount - and I understand its the 'do gooders' causing the problem and then being the ones to moan when the controlling is needed.
But like I said - I can see with certain wildlife there is a need for controlling, and its far nicer and fairer on the animal to shoot it instead of catching it, taking it somewhere to be pts by a vet - it just causes the animal to be stressed ect.

Maybe I havent been clear who knows, but from what I have been 'trying' to say its the trophey hunters I have a problem with. To me there is a different between the two
I agree with this.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Ref mink

I'd do with them what I advicate doing with all wild alien species, whose presence here is deleterious to native wildlife...remove them, as swiftly as possible, if that means with a gun so be it.

It was humans that created or added to the problem, and its us who've now got to fix it.

That means doing what's necessary, and what is necessary isn't always what is nicest or easiest.

It would be lovely to live in a world where all was perfect, where everything had a non lethal solution. But alas we don't, and no amount of wishing is going to change that fact.

Ref cats

No one is denying that they kill native wildlife however, I find it far to easy to just say its all them. There're other factors that need to be examined, and their inpacts analyzed along side each other, before we can truely begin to see how much of an effect one has over the others.

I believe rats have an effect on native wildlife in other countries, what about here?

Also the stray dog population, there're not just domestic cats left to go wild you know.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Start filling your freezer...
Took the words right out of my mouth. Apparently grey squirrel is supposed to taste nice too, so there's another one...and if not, just find someone who keeps large anacondas or pythons, they'll find a use for them. Also, could use the mink to line your gloves.

*Sits back and waits for the outraged comments to begin*
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. Apparently grey squirrel is supposed to taste nice too, so there's another one...and if not, just find someone who keeps large anacondas or pythons, they'll find a use for them. Also, could use the mink to line your gloves.

*Sits back and waits for the outraged comments to begin*
I have one upstairs.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I agree with this.
I agree also.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:24 PM
What I meant is, you can bribe a dog you cant a cat, you can keep on at a dog, repetitively, a Cat wont tolerate that. they just sod off and ignore you![/QUOTE]

So would a Boxer - lol
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I have one upstairs.
Anaconda or python?

I've only got corn snakes, so no good for that.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Appalling to you perhaps,but perfectly legal and activley encouraged by DEFRA for various species.
.......and they encourage shooting of domestic cats do they?
Page 25 of 37 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 > Last »