Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Brilliant!! Good old Cosmo does have it in him after all!!

I can't imagine getting Woody to that stage but maybe now it is possible with a lot of hard work and perseverance!

Well done you!
Cosmo is older though and it has taken us this long!!! Onlead he can be a nightmare at times,he still pulls given half a chance and will get VERY excitable. It isn't all good...which is why I was so chuffed with him.

It does take time and patience, but it is nice to start seeing it paying off, despite the fact we have been very laid back about his training, just because we could be!!! We have enjoyed chilling and just enjoying him. it's nice to know he isn't totally ruined as a result....just largely ruined!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I am jealous! Yogi is going through a bit of a teenage phase, and I have no doubt he would have loved gobbing off back at the yapper you met!

Well done Cosmo - you did your mum proud (no wonder you are chuffed).
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Our dogs are so good at embarrassing us, we need to treasure these moments - well done.
But don`t we just get an evil feeling of glee when our dogs behave beautifully in front of a yappy mut whose owner hasn`t mastered recall yet. Guilty pleasures!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Well done Cosmo

yep, they certainly know to be well behaved frequently enough to keep in our good books

I bet Cosmo's now thinking that he'll be able to have a good few mud baths without getting into trouble for them
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
aww well done both of you = training really paying off
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am jealous! Yogi is going through a bit of a teenage phase, and I have no doubt he would have loved gobbing off back at the yapper you met!

Well done Cosmo - you did your mum proud (no wonder you are chuffed).
I have so been on the other side of it!!!! Biff was a nightmare onlead for a while.
As for some of the pups...well lets just say they have presented me with some of my most embarrassing moments ever!!!! So it is nice to have a good moment!!!
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Our dogs are so good at embarrassing us, we need to treasure these moments - well done.
But don`t we just get an evil feeling of glee when our dogs behave beautifully in front of a yappy mut whose owner hasn`t mastered recall yet. Guilty pleasures!
Exactly!!!
I made a point of telling the woman it was fine and grinning...as I know how she feels.

It was nice to be on the other side of it for once.....

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well done Cosmo

yep, they certainly know to be well behaved frequently enough to keep in our good books

I bet Cosmo's now thinking that he'll be able to have a good few mud baths without getting into trouble for them
I think you're right!!!
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
aww well done both of you = training really paying off
Thanks. I think him focusing on his new squeaky tennis ball (I so love the kong comapny) and hotdog helped....
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Well done Cosmo and Ramble, this was a triumph! I know how rewarding it is to achieve even a modest sucess with a very large, bouncy adolescent. You just want to hug them so much! All that work is soooooo worthwhile. In our case we have had to work really hard, but boy, it is worth it!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Well done to you and Cosmo.....see a perfect boy Brilliant
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Well done Cosmo and Ramble, this was a triumph! I know how rewarding it is to achieve even a modest sucess with a very large, bouncy adolescent. You just want to hug them so much! All that work is soooooo worthwhile. In our case we have had to work really hard, but boy, it is worth it!
Thanks, that's it exactly. he is a big lad and so when he bounces, he really does bounce! So yes...for him to be so calm next to small bouncy dogs was great.
I am only 5 foot 2 and so often get the 'is he taking you for a walk love' sort of comments (it's water off a ducks back now as I have had bigger dogs than him and am so used to it now! ) You can have the best behaved dog, trotting at your side beautifully...and still because of the size differences between me and the dog you get comments. Marginally better than 'you'd be better riding that thing love' that I go with our GSD X!!!!!!!!

When the work pays off though...
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well done to you and Cosmo.....see a perfect boy Brilliant

Hmmm...perfect in that instant...yes.

He soon found mud round the corner
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Well done Cosmo and well done to you for putting in the hardwork.
See inside that devil exterior is an angel waiting to emerge
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >