Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Bit chuffed

I apologsie for this post...I am just a bit in shock and so pleased with the boy.

At 16 months of age Cosmo has been a bit teenage. He hasn't been awful, but we'd hit the stage where we needed to tighten up on things a little, if you see what I mean.

Anyhoo..this morning I was out with him and we saw a lady with a couple of smallish dogs, one she put on the lead as soon as she saw us, so I got Cosmo's ball and got him to sit, so she could go past.
The lady didn't appear (she was the other side of a wall...where there were rangers working from a van)..but her second dog kept running up close to Cosmo and yapping...
Cosmo ignored it and stayed focused in a sit.
The lady finally got said second dog and popped it on a lead. I walked Cosmo past her in a 'close' and he didn't even look away from me as we walked past her still barking and straining at the lead dogs and she apologised (I don't have a problem with her I hasten to add, she had her dogs under control and was aware of what they were doing).

Cosmo not only stayed in a sit wait (offlead) until it was appropriate to walk past, he then walked past, offlead, close to me...paying no attention to the dogs.

I was both shocked and totally chuffed and proud of the lad. The rangers were watching the yappy dogs then looking at Cosmo and grinning at me.

I think the tightening up has paid off. I am so chuffed. I often post about his mad antics and he is a lively young lad, far from perfect...but I was totally chuffed today. He does have a brain after all.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt he will do something later to reassure me he hasn't been body snatched by an obedient dog!!!!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
LOL.He is trying to get you to lower your defences! Well done Cosmo though, you clever lad.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
LOL.He is trying to get you to lower your defences! Well done Cosmo though, you clever lad.
I think you may be right Rachel...whilst I am chuffed with him, I know it can't last!!!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
No wonder you are proud of him, what a star It is such a great feeling when they 'get it'. I find by setting my standards quite low I get that feeling every now and again with Beau

(((hugs))) to your bright spark
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Bless - I already knew that Cosmo was going to be so much more than a mud-magnet (a job he does remarkably well, BTW), but so much of his excellent behaviour is down to your/your family's very hard work, Ailsa, and I think a HUGE pat on the back needs to go to you too.

Brilliant post - lovely to read

x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
No wonder you are proud of him, what a star It is such a great feeling when they 'get it'. I find by setting my standards quite low I get that feeling every now and again with Beau

(((hugs))) to your bright spark
I was surprised you see..which tells you a lot if you read between the lines!!!

I was concerned this could sound like a bragging post...but it isn't, it's an 'if Cosmo can do it anyone can' sort of a post!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Bless - I already knew that Cosmo was going to be so much more than a mud-magnet (a job he does remarkably well, BTW), but so much of his excellent behaviour is down to your/your family's very hard work, Ailsa, and I think a HUGE pat on the back needs to go to you too.

Brilliant post - lovely to read

x0x

Thanks Vicki...embarrassed now.

I do think sometimes we have too many negative posts on Dogsey about what our dogs can't do or what they do wrong..so it is nice to hear when they do something right as well.

Thanks Vicki.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I was surprised you see..which tells you a lot if you read between the lines!!!

I was concerned this could sound like a bragging post...but it isn't, it's an 'if Cosmo can do it anyone can' sort of a post!!!!
Did you hear Beau mutter 'show-off' to Cosmo, under his breath when I read it to him?
It definately doesn't come across as a bragging post but one of a proud mum who has worked hard with her boy
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Did you hear Beau mutter 'show-off' to Cosmo, under his breath when I read it to him?
It definately doesn't come across as a bragging post but one of a proud mum who has worked hard with her boy

Thanks. I think that's what the little dogs were saying to him as they walked past too!!!!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Brilliant!! Good old Cosmo does have it in him after all!!

I can't imagine getting Woody to that stage but maybe now it is possible with a lot of hard work and perseverance!

Well done you!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >